Second Interview Help!!

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by MATgrad, Aug 12, 2008.

1. MATgrad

MATgrad Groupie

Aug 12, 2008

Ok so I have a second interview tomorrow morning. It's for fourth grade but it will be with the P and the whole team :eek:hmy: I was told it would be casual and limited to twenty minutes since it involved so many people. I have never done an interview like this so I could really use some advice.

I know to give specific examples but I'm pretty clueless after that.

3. Alisha

Alisha Cohort

Aug 12, 2008

Have you looked up teacher interview questions anywhere online? There are TONS TONS TONS of sites that list possible questions. Write down your answers and practice them. Don't just think of specific example to talk about, but find actual hard copies of things to show for examples as well whenever possible.

Also, you are going to be WAY more relaxed at this interview than the first probably. Just do your best and good luck!

4. Lareigna

Lareigna Companion

Aug 12, 2008

I had a multi person interview and it was not that bad. I found interview questions on line and typed out answers to all the questions. I also made sure that I had examples of how I would do something or what I have done. I made sure to bring my portfolio and intergrated that into answering the questions to give them something to look at. Just answer honestly!

Good luck, you'll do great.

5. LouiseB

LouiseB Cohort

Aug 12, 2008

Practice as much as you can. Make sure that you relate to what you have done in the past concerning a question. If you don't have experience, make sure to state what you would do. Smile and go in there that you know you could do a great job! Since it is late in the hiring season, be very careful not to show that you might be desperate for a job. That will come across loud and clear. Again, the most important thing is to be confident and know you can do a good job. Good luck!

6. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Aug 12, 2008

GOOD LUCK!!!

7. anewstart101

anewstart101 Cohort

Aug 12, 2008

good luck

8. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Aug 12, 2008

I've never had an interview like that, but I just wanted to wish you good luck! You'll do awesome!

9. Alisha

Alisha Cohort

Aug 12, 2008

Actually both my interviews were whole team plus P. Really isn't bad at all, plus you get to see the people you might work with!

10. 2kitties

2kitties Rookie

Aug 12, 2008

Good luck!

11. Ghost

Ghost Habitué

Aug 12, 2008

I have always had a team to interview me. I don't think I'd know what to do if it was just one person. The only thing I can think of is to look at each person while answering a question, particularly the person who asked it.

It's actually a really good sign...it typically means that they want to see if there is any "chemistry" between you and your potential peers.

Best of luck!!!!!!!!!

12. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Aug 12, 2008

Good luck!! :)

13. SciTeacherNY

SciTeacherNY Companion

Aug 12, 2008

Good Luck!

Most interviews I have been on have been team interviews. I noticed a lot of times they will ask about collaboration and flexibility.

14. MATgrad

MATgrad Groupie

Aug 12, 2008

The questions don't freak me out. I've had quite a bit of practice this past summer. I've written out my answers multiple times with lots of specific examples. I'm just a little nervous about seeing that many people and what I should ask them.

I already asked why the position was available, resources available, etc. My first interview with the P was 40 minutes but he had to cut it short because people were waiting. When I left he told me that he wanted me to come back for a second interview. I won't have time to ask much since it will be 20 minutes only. They were pretty insistent about that. I was also told that they had it narrowed down to 5!! Ok, now I'm nervous.

15. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Aug 12, 2008

Good luck MATgrad!! You can do it!!!:2up:

16. USCgrad

USCgrad Companion

Aug 12, 2008

good luck.......knock their socks off!! ****we need a cheerleader smiley!!!*************

17. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Aug 13, 2008

well it's a panel interview... so remember to pan the room... make eye contact to everyone, smile, and when answering questions... look at everyone, not just the person who asked.

and don't try that speech-giving trick... pretending they are all in their underwear!

that will NOT help you relax! Just act like you want the job!

good luck MAT!!

18. Big Shirley

Big Shirley Companion

Aug 13, 2008

MAT!!! Good luck. I have fingers and toes crossed!

19. MATgrad

MATgrad Groupie

Aug 13, 2008

Ok, I'm done now. It went fairly well. I was in-n-out in 15 minutes. I gave some pretty specific examples and made eye contact with everyone. Lots of umms and "that's a good ideas." I was so glad that I had some student work to show.

They said that they will be making a decision today and having the teacher start tomorrow. I'm going to be on pins and needles all day!!

As I was coming in, the person before me was leaving. When I got there the person after me had arrived 25 minutes early!!! They didn't look too happy about that. She was very prominently displaying her school id. I'm going against transfers!!!!! Me scared now!

Last edited: Aug 13, 2008
  20. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Aug 13, 2008

Good luck, MAT!! I can't wait to hear the news!

21. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Aug 13, 2008

Keep hope alive MAT

that's all we have now...

22. MATgrad

MATgrad Groupie

Aug 13, 2008

Hope is dead. I didn't get it. They were going to call by the end of the day and it's the end of the day. There are two other positions I've applied for so my fingers are crossed about that. I have a coupon for a free frosty float so I'm going to get one of those now. Then I will get out my frustrations by making bread. The kneading is wonderful for that.