SeaWorld tips & FL teacher discount

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by karrie723, Jul 6, 2006.

1. karrie723

karrie723 Rookie

Jul 6, 2006

Anyone have any tricks or tips for SeaWorld~Orlando? I havent been to SeaWorld in about 15 years, and I am bringing my family (husband, mil, 3 daughters ages 6,6 & 3) for their first time.
    Also, I had heard that Florida teachers get in free, but I cannot find the info on the seaworld website. Anyone have info about this or a link for me to find the info.
    Thanks
    Karrie:p

3. mommaruthie

mommaruthie Aficionado

Jul 9, 2006

you pay for one day, get the year free! (I dont think its JUST florida residents or teachers only!)

Tips from the ORLANDO PRO (I will be there tomorrow-thurs!)
    Get the show schedules immediately to plan around the shows or return a second day with the show times planned out! Bring a bathing suit for the kids.

4. Sarah5483

Sarah5483 Companion

Jul 9, 2006

Actually, I just spent the past year teaching in Florida and I've been to Seaworld 3 times b/c its absolutely FREE to teachers. I've never had to pay. You just need to go straight to the passport desk (it's past the general ticket purchasing desks) and present a copy of your certificate and a RECENT paystub the first time you go to prove you are currently a teacher. They then give you a pass for the length of a school year (so if you get the pass now, it will only last through August and you will have to bring your certificate and a paystub again to get a pass for the new schoolyear).
    You can call to find out. The phone number is on the website then you just follow instructions and press the right numbers leading to "discounts" and someone will speak with you. I called b/c I did not want to drive the 3 hours to get there only to find out I was goign to have to pay, and they confirmed it for me and told me what to bring. Only you will get in free though.... family members still pay.

5. adria

adria Comrade

Jul 9, 2006

Any Disney World breaks for teachers?

6. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Jul 9, 2006

I haven't done it yet. I need to. :-D