Searching outside of education

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Blue, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Jan 24, 2010

I have been unemployed for over a year. I am ready to give up on an education job. I have considered several options, but think I will start applying for anything I an qualified for. At the same time, I think I will begin a training/consulting business. ECE trainers are hard to come by. My daughter is a CPR/First Aid trainer, so we may set up a training partnership. I shall begin the two processes on Monday. I guess the pressure of no job creates inventive solutions.

Are any of you switching careers--or doing something different?

3. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Jan 24, 2010

That sounds interesting. Please keep us updated. I have also been considering a change, but I'm trying to figure out what my skills would correlate to in the "other" work world.

4. kpteacher

kpteacher Rookie

Jan 24, 2010

check in craigs list...theres good stuff in there. you can be trained in education and meet lots of fields

5. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Jan 24, 2010

Sounds interesting, Blue!

If I don't find a teaching job by the fall I am looking for work in other fields (which I know are difficult right now, too) or going back to school to train in something else.

6. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Jan 24, 2010

I'd always heard that corperate America love teachers. I never really believed that until recently. Every single non-education job I interviewed for was estatic with my eduation background. You could hear the smiles when I talked about my education background. I believe, that having been a teacher really helped me find a job in the corperate world.

7. rockangel312

rockangel312 Companion

Jan 25, 2010

What kind of position are you working in in the corporate world? I'm not sure really where to even look besides editing/writing jobs.