Searching for empty milk carton

Discussion in 'Early Childhood Education Archives' started by sewsouth, Sep 28, 2006.

1. sewsouth

sewsouth Companion

Sep 28, 2006

I have searched all ..well most of the day for empty small milk cartons and styrofoam meat trays.

I want to purchase a lot of them for our preschool(private) and VBS
    if anyone knows what company may sell these I would apprecaite it.

I was thinking about hitting the grocery store up a little at a time but did not know if they would give them out. I could ask parents to save them but I am lloking for the ones that the school have milk in for lunches.

Thanks so much.

3. Xtine

Xtine Companion

Sep 28, 2006

I wanted the small cartons for a project once and called the local school to see if they would save some for me in a garbage day one day at lunch. They agreed, they were nasty, I had to rinse them all out at the end of the day, but I got way more than I needed from one day's worth of lunches.

4. mrs.oz

mrs.oz Companion

Sep 30, 2006

I used to have my mother and sisters to wash and save all meat trays. Food City is really good about letting you have things. I used to call them and get some of the little plastic strawberry baskets. I am not sure if you have one near you. Milk cartons I have only been able to wash and collect as they are used at school.

5. lehcar1021

lehcar1021 Rookie

Oct 1, 2006

I have gone to local bulk suppliers and found styrofoam meat trays. I'm not sure what is available in your area, but places such as Gordon Food Servies, Costco, Sam's Club, if any of those sound familiar or are in your area. You might have to have students save milk cartons and clean them.