searching for a job

Discussion in 'Job Hunting & Interviews' started by misst1976, Jul 26, 2006.

1. misst1976

misst1976 Companion

Jul 26, 2006

Hi.

I'm new to the forum. I have been teaching for 7 years and just got bumped out of my position due to low enrollment. Of course, i just found out 2 weeks ago. Now, I'm panicking and trying to get a job. I sent out about 50 resumes to schools and I haven't heard anything yet. Is there a better way to send resumes? Is it bad to send them to the principals' e-mail addresses?

3. JustWondering

JustWondering Companion

Jul 26, 2006

If sending an email or a personal call to the principal fits your personality and the district does not have a "do not call..." in their list of "do not's" then I would say go for it. It might get your name to stand out from the rest. You could use the email as your cover letter and attach the resume to the email.

4. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Jul 26, 2006

Sorry about the unfortunate turn of events. I would be aggressive at this point. However, I would still abide by the district's wishes. If they say no paper resumes- beleive them. Otherwise, if not specified I would send, fax, and email my resume. What do you have to lose?

5. chicagoturtle

chicagoturtle Fanatic

Jul 27, 2006

I semi answered this question for you in another post but well like renting around here I'd "pound the pavement" with the schools. You have to be somewhat pushy to get a job around here. What is your certification and what area were you working in?

6. misst1976

misst1976 Companion

Jul 27, 2006

I have a type 3. I've taught 2nd grade (3 yrs.) and Kindergarten (4 yrs, which I'd like to continue).