Searching for a CTEL Tutor in my area!!!

Discussion in 'Other Tests' started by roundpeg84, Dec 14, 2016.

1. roundpeg84

roundpeg84 Rookie

Dec 14, 2016

Does anyone know someone that can tutor me for the CTEL test. I've failed it twice now. I live in Northern California around the Vacaville, CA area.

TIA :)

3. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Dec 14, 2016

Welcome back to A to Z, roundpeg84! Have you been teaching since we last saw you?

What have you been using to study for CTEL so far?

4. nisha246

nisha246 Guest

Dec 15, 2016

I am also looking for a tutor for the CTEL. I live in Southern California in the Los Angeles area. Do you know someone who can tutor me to pass this test? Please let me know as soon as possible!! Thanks!!

5. roundpeg84

roundpeg84 Rookie

Dec 30, 2016

Yes, I've been teaching for the past six years. I moved to California from Texas a few years ago and have failed the test twice. If I don't pass this year (2017), I can not get certified to teach since my deadline will be up. I've used study guides online and flashcards I purchased on Amazon.

6. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Dec 30, 2016

How close are you coming to passing each subtest, and what diagnostics are you seeing on the second page of your score reports?

7. Sandy_G

Sandy_G Guest

Feb 3, 2017

I am also in LA County and looking for someone.

8. PalmdaleMark

PalmdaleMark Rookie

Feb 3, 2017

Take a look at the online CTEL preparation course by Knowledge Delivery Systems. ( I tried entering the URL but this site won't let me. Just google it.)
    It is well worth the $225 cost. The course is broken down into a number of online lessons which are very well presented and interesting - Elizabeth Jimenez is an outstanding presenter. I took this course and also had the opportunity to see her present during one of my district inservices.

The course is designed to be taken over a period of a few months. The after lesson questions are relevant and directly correlate to Pearson test center questions.

I took the course over a year ago and crammed my study sessions into one very intense week. Listening in the car really helped. You don't get to see charts and other visuals, but it's surprising how much you retain when you listen in a low stress environment.

After listening/studying for one week, I went to a Pearson test center in Los Angeles and took the test. I passed all three sections answering most of the questions correctly.
    Make sure you practice for the essay questions.

If you have a few months to prepare and study every day, you should have no trouble passing.

For $225, this is an EXCELLENT course. You will not be disappointed. Do yourself a favor, go to the website, and take a look. Good luck!