Scott Foresman Reading Street

Discussion in 'First Grade' started by legoofy, Sep 18, 2010.

1. legoofy

legoofy Rookie

Sep 18, 2010

Does anyone use Scott Foresman Reading Street? I am trying to set up to do centers Monday through Friday but am having trouble with my specials schedule cutting into my morning time. Also, do you actually complete one book each week ?

3. amersk

amersk Rookie

Sep 20, 2010

I do go through one book per week but I don't do each activity. Usually Monday I introduce the sound (like this week we are on the second story so we are focusing on the short i sound). Tuesday I do the listening comprehension activity. Wednesday I do shared reading with the story of hte week. Thursday I do the second sound and Friday we to the word wall words.

4. lafogosa

lafogosa Companion

Sep 22, 2010

We use Reading Street. It's really hard for us since we only have a total 90 minute ELA block (it's a bilingual immersion school-the other 90 minutes is devoted to Spanish Language Arts.

On Monday, I pretest the spelling words to determine if we even need to spend time working on it.

I then just pick out the targeted and tested skills and plan according to those. We read the leveled readers daily, on Thursday we read the story from the class reading book and on Fridays they get a test on high frequency words, reading comprehension, and spelling (if needed).

There are just too many resources with that series. It's hard to pick what to do.