Scope and Sequence

Discussion in 'Secondary Education Archives' started by Cole, Aug 7, 2005.

1. Cole

Cole Companion

Aug 7, 2005

I have been teaching 7th grade math for my district for 4 years (this is my 5th). I'm in a small district, so I am the only 7th grade math teacher.

I dont like the order my book is in, I've talked to other teachers in other districts and they all just go by the book order.

I'd like to try something to where it went by TEKS objectives, but our books are so old that they are not even TEKS coorilated and I dont know where to start.

I was wondering if anyone had a 7th grade Math Scope and Sequence that you really liked the order of, and if I could use it.

I love being in a small school except for times like this.

I usually do this stuff earlier in the summer, but it has just been one of those summers and I've gotten nothing done, and I start back to school tomorrow, and the kids the next week.

If anyone has any ideas, I would greatly appreciate it....

3. karrie723

karrie723 Rookie

4. Carmen13

Carmen13 Groupie

Aug 7, 2005

Hi Cole, I searched the web and found this link, from a math school teacher, very interesting:

http://www.glade.net/~rfletcher/ScopeandSequenceGrade7.htm

I taught 7th grade Math last year as well, and the concepts we teach here in Portugal are pretty much the same (one thing I wasn't aware of).