Science- Help!

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by teacherbecky, Jun 22, 2006.

1. teacherbecky

teacherbecky Rookie

Jun 22, 2006

I just found out that we are getting a new science system at the school I will be teaching at next year. The science program is Delta Science Modules. I went to a workshop today on it was totally lost and confused. Has anyone ever used this program before? I didn't understand how you were supose to assess students on a daily basis for starters. I would appriciate anyone with any advice. Thank you so much!!!

3. flteacher7

flteacher7 Rookie

Jun 22, 2006

new science series

Teacherbecky,

Unfortunately, I don't know about your new science series (I haven't heard of it before), but I know what you are going through. I have taught first grade for six years and now I am moving to second grade. Not only am I moving grade levels, but our district adopted a new science series, and we don't know a great deal about it yet! We had a presentation and I had gotten some first grade materials...before I knew I was moving up! Oops!

My suggestion would be to try to get the teacher manuals or whatever the program comes with if possible ahead of time, so that you are familiar with the program. Also, if you don't receive any information on here, you might want to try to do an internet search and see if the company has a website or find another district that uses the same program. What state do you live in?

Sorry I couldn't be more help. If I come across anything, I'll let you know! :)

4. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jun 22, 2006