Science Center

Discussion in 'Early Childhood Education Archives' started by mrs.oz, Sep 16, 2006.

1. mrs.oz

mrs.oz Companion

Sep 16, 2006

Hey everyone! I am looking for Science center ideas. I am getting ready to put together some sensory bottles. Right now I have a fish, caterpillar, 2 hermit crabs, books, and my new feely box. I have not opened this center yet because I feel I need more to occupy the kids. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

3. preknikki

preknikki Rookie

Sep 16, 2006

The kids in my class love any type of magnets that I can find (pryamags, magnetic boards, etc.) They also love magnifying glasses and any type of natural objects, such as shells or pine cones.

4. mrs.oz

mrs.oz Companion

Sep 17, 2006

I did find some big magnifiers at the $1 Tree. They had tweezers inside the hand and the hand is actually a bug storage. I did buy the magnetic board but was waiting until I taught magnets before I actually put it in the center. Any other ideas out there.

5. EDUK8_ME

EDUK8_ME Cohort

Sep 17, 2006

If you are planning to do some science experiments, I found the book More Mudpies to Magnets(it has an orange cover) to have lots of easy experiments to do with young children. I checked it out from the library and made copies of the ones I want to try.

6. beckyeduk8er

beckyeduk8er Comrade

Sep 18, 2006

My class also loves those things that you put in water and they grow. They keep a journal about them.

7. JaZMum

JaZMum Rookie

Sep 18, 2006

Not sure if you guys have this in the U.S, but our Kindy borrows items from the Museum. They have had spiders to look at, a stuffed Koala, snakes skins and heaps more