Schwarzenegger

Discussion in 'Debate & Marathon Threads Archive' started by Ms. I, May 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

May 18, 2011

That is a huge statement. Huge. I know Arnold put his life out there as a public figure, but I can't imagine being the kind of person that anonymous people would make such assumptions about.

2. Sarge

Sarge Enthusiast

May 18, 2011

I always thought Maria could do a lot better.

3. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

May 18, 2011

I did too, Sarge.

4. Major

Major Connoisseur

May 18, 2011

What's great about this forum is that everyone is entitled to their own opinions ........ :eek:hmy:

5. LUCHopefulTeach

LUCHopefulTeach Habitué

May 18, 2011

I think there have been a lot of huge, overreaching statements lately. Assuming that someone you've never met before nor know has had hundreds of women while married is ridiculous. "Hundreds" is just a wild guess of yours without any knowledge or proof of it.

6. John Lee

John Lee Groupie

May 18, 2011

Seriously, are you joking?
    The man is a noted womanizer/playboy before he and Shriver got together... do you really think that he just stopped his ways one day?

Also, a point I'd like to make clear: If you are a decision-maker, then it is our business to pry and know details of your personal life as they relate to extramarital affairs and such. (i.e. It's not our business to make public what happens between husband/wife, etc.)

A lot of posters on here are saying it's none of our business, etc. That's totally false. The public deserves to know any/all compromised situations that in this case, our Governer, put himself in. The potential for decision-making to be swayed, etc. is obviously very great.

A prime example is the case of J. Edgar Hoover, who was a closet homosexual. Such a revelation in that time would've most certainly meant the end of his career... so, for those who knew/had proof of his homosexuality--what influence could they have had on him?

Do you see where that could be VERY problematic?

7. LUCHopefulTeach

LUCHopefulTeach Habitué

May 18, 2011

A similar statement could be made about teachers and administrators since we make important decisions that impact children/ minors. Our private lives and decisions can impact the decisions we make.

8. Major

Major Connoisseur

May 18, 2011

I'm not judging Arnold one way or the other.... and he could care less about what I think ......... I'm really not excited about the Arnold and Maria story one way or another ... They really aren't important to me ... :)

Here's an article on Arnold ... Note: The article is not from a main line paper ........ so believe what you want to. Warning .... deep in the article there are some comments you might not want to read......

http://news.yahoo.com/s/dailybeast/...neggersbattletokeephisprivateaffairsprivate_1

"If there was anything really shocking about the revelation that Arnold Schwarzenegger had fathered a love child, it's that the revelation was a revelation at all.
    Schwarzenegger's reputation as a womanizer was well known before the Los Angeles Times broke the news Monday night that he had fathered a child with a household staffer more than a decade ago. Over the years, scores of women had come forward claiming that Schwarzenegger had behaved in a way that was predatory to them. From time to time, rumors of an out-of-wedlock child made their way into print. But no one could really prove the allegations, and his wife Maria Shriver was a beacon of support for her husband."

9. holliday

holliday Comrade

May 18, 2011

Personally, I'm just trying to wrap my head around the idea of watching your children (from your wife) play with your child (from an affair), KNOWING they're related, and not saying anything. I mean, he had the arrogance to basically rub this in his wife's face day in and day out...we're not talking about a one night stand that he instantly regretted. This was habitual, intentional dishonesty to a degree that I find pathological. How did he sleep at night? I'm eaten up with guilt if I don't fess up to buying another new pair of shoes to my husband! I simply canNOT imagine watching my spouse interacting with my love child in OUR HOME and not succombing to the overwhelming guilt of it all. Something is seriously wrong with someone who could live that way.
    Just my 2 cents...

10. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

May 18, 2011

Good points John Lee!

And re: Arnold again, yes, he's a known womanizer, so I wouldn't be surprised by Major's coment about him having hundreds of women. I sure believe probably in his lifetime...during the marriage, maybe then too. Heck, many men who aren't even celebs have had hundreds of women. Do you really think a womanizing celeb, who countless women find attractive, Mr. World, Mr. Olympia, Mr. Universe, The Terminator, the governor, who some think has a sexy accent, blah, blah, blah, etc. was the choir boy? I highly doubt it. (He's not my type, but he's the type of many out there for sure.)

The key word being WOMANIZER. However, the MOST gorgeous, male model could stay true IF IT'S WITHIN HIMSELF TO DO SO. I'm sure it wouldn't be easy w/ tons of women throwing themselves at his feet. Many women don't care if a man's married.

Celebs are people too who put on their pants one leg at a time like us. No one should be shocked by anything they do.

11. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

May 18, 2011

IF Maria truly didn't know that is probably exactly what she is feeling. I bet his kids are feeling the same way!!!

12. Joyful!

Joyful! Habitué

May 18, 2011

:( I'm very sad for the family. You always want couples who vow for better, for worse to be able to make it until death they do part. I was so sorry to have heard the news.

I'm not sure I agree with the idea that we are entitled to knowledge. I don't think he should have made an announcement. It's not my business. I think he needs to be busy mending fences with his children--the ones from the marriage and the one from outside the marriage. Having been in a position to counsel people in marriage, it is impossible for any of us to imagine what makes a person stay beyond infidelity. Each case is unique and each perspective is individual. I wish Maria Shriver the very best and I hope she finds healing and ultimately happiness. (I would state that there is a vast gulf between thinking your husband is unfaithful and learning that your husband had a child in proximity to your own children, perpetuating a lie for 10 years.) I pray the children are able to find healing and are able to have happy marriages full of trust and fidelity in the future.

Finally, I agree that the idea of personal lives and right to know is directly parallel to the idea of a teacher's personal life and the right to assess. I realize some standards should be set and kept, but we seem to be unable as a society to draw lines of privacy for those in jobs of trust.

13. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

May 18, 2011

Seriously, no I'm not joking. Where did I ever say that Mr. Schwarzenegger was or was not a womanizer? I don't really give a rat's behind if he is or isn't (maybe I would if he was my governor? No, I doubt it.) What I did say was that I could not imagine being in a position that would have anonymous people judging me.

Oy. I just don't care. Why am I spending my precious time on this? I don't know. If you have the time to pass judgment on people you've never met, never will, and don't know, more power to ya.

14. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

May 18, 2011

15. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

May 18, 2011

I don't give a rat's nostril what The Governator does. I have never thought of him as more than an actor who got elected to the California governorship.
    Personally I think it is a Non-news story a waste of paper and bandwith.

Terri said, "But how do you really feel Dave?"

16. Major

Major Connoisseur

May 18, 2011

Your right Dave........ He was/is an actor, and I don't glorify any of them....... Actor's act. They don't really run through mine fields and then attack a dozen or so aliens. They follow a script....... It's only acting.......

But then he was funny in Kindergarten Cop..........:p

17. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

May 19, 2011

Detective John Kimble: I have a headache.
    Lowell: It might be a tumor.
    Detective John Kimble: It's not a toomah!

Mildred Patricia Baena: I think I am pregnant
    Arnold Schwarzenegger: It might be a toomah.
    Mildred Patricia Baena:It's not a tumor! its a baby you fool

18. Major

Major Connoisseur

May 19, 2011

:lol::lol::lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.