Schwan's Food delivery

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by TeacherNY, Jul 10, 2019.

1. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Jul 10, 2019

Has anyone ordered food from Schwan's? I didn't know they were still around but saw a truck drive up my street a few weeks ago. I got a coupon in the Sunday paper for 50% off my first order so I thought I'd see what they had online. We got food from them when I was a kid but I was just wondering if the quality was good nowadays.

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 11, 2019

My mother in law LOVES Schwans.

4. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Jul 11, 2019

I really like some of the items. I'll just have to be careful and check the nutritional information on everything. One of the veggie items looks really good. I'm wondering if you can schedule your delivery time due to the nature of the items (frozen, etc).

lovebeingteach likes this.
  5. geoteacher

geoteacher Habitué

Jul 11, 2019

I order from them on a regular basis, and the quality is always good. You can’t schedule an exact delivery time, but you do get a delivery window. If you aren’t home, they leave the items in a cold pack. I received one of these on Monday, and my items were still frozen. If you do order, just remember not to do so when you will be out of town. Also, order online as you save some on delivery fees.

6. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Jul 11, 2019

Thanks for the info. I might try it out since I do have the 50% off coupon.

7. vickilyn

vickilyn Magnifico

Jul 11, 2019

My MIL loved Sdhwan's, but I personally thought that it was a high price for what you got. It's all point of view when it comes to price, so try it, and see if it works for you. My MIL often ended up throwing a significant portion away, since it was just her, but it was her money to spend, so if it made her happy, I would be the last to say it's a bad choice. Face it, eating is one of our greatest pleasures, and no one else can predict what will appeal to another. A coupon sounds like a great way to dip your toe into the experience!

lovebeingteach likes this.
  8. lovebeingteach

lovebeingteach Companion

Jul 19, 2019

Everything is breaded and unhealthy. They do have some meats, but they are super expensive. They have veggies too, but you can buy all of that stuff at the grocery store.

9. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Jul 19, 2019

I look at the nutritional information before I buy anything. Some items I have not seen in my grocery store. Some things do look expensive but wouldn't be too bad with my coupon.

10. geoteacher

geoteacher Habitué

Jul 19, 2019

Not everything is breaded. I would agree that items are more expensive, but I am paying for the convenience of delivery. I live 7 miles from the nearest grocery store, and if I can avoid a trip, sometimes it is worth it.

MissCeliaB likes this.
  11. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Jul 19, 2019

I’m southern. We love breaded and unhealthy.

12. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Jul 19, 2019

Their fruits and vegetables were good. My dog loved the doggy ice cream. There were a few appetizers I would order for parties.

I’m only fifteen miles from a grocery store now, so I haven’t ordered in a few years.

13. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Jul 19, 2019

Our girls love the doggie ice cream, too. Delivery is a pain, though. We are in the boonies, so it’s not a regular route. We have to arrange a special delivery or ship UPS. We used to make big orders at work and have it all delivered to the school.

ecteach likes this.
  14. ecteach

ecteach Devotee

Jul 20, 2019

It sounds like you want to do it. Give it a try.

15. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Jul 22, 2019

LOL

16. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Jul 22, 2019

I see the truck in my neighborhood all the time so I'm hoping it won't be too much of a pain for delivery. I'm surprised my neighbor doesn't order anything. She gets delivery from the grocery store and the pizza place quite regularly. I'm assuming she just doesn't know about it.

17. vickilyn

vickilyn Magnifico

Jul 22, 2019

I would bet that is spot on. If you end up really happy with the food, check and see if they have any incentive to "refer a friend" and then share your experience. Perhaps it could be a win/win for both of you.

18. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Jul 22, 2019

Good idea. She's really into convenience since she doesn't cook much. It used to be a running joke with me and my husband trying to guess what kind of food delivery she would get that night LOL

19. ecteach

ecteach Devotee

Jul 27, 2019

Crazy that this just happened, but I had to hop on here and tell you about it. I haven't ordered anything since September. Just received an email that "my order" was delivered today and my card was charged. I will be calling customer service tomorrow. Too late now. There is someone else close by who orders, so perhaps they mixed up our information. Either way, I'll let you know how customer service handles it. Ugh.

20. RainStorm

RainStorm Phenom

Aug 1, 2019

This thread made me think of Schwann's. I haven't ordered from them in at least 20 years. So I'm in an AirBnB right now (with a full kitchen) and I ordered stuff from Schwanns. and they delivered it tonight. I have to say, the slice of lemon merrangue pie was delicious!

21. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Aug 2, 2019

That's weird! I'd love to know how it was handled. Was something actually delivered even though you didn't place the order? Or was your card charged with no order?

22. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Aug 2, 2019

When I was a kid my mom would get a few deliveries in the summer. We would get one frozen pizza a week, a box of corn dogs, and some veggie things. I don't really like frozen pizza but theirs was good. I have no idea what I'd order nowadays but I'm still looking online at the options.

23. RainStorm

RainStorm Phenom

Aug 2, 2019

TeacherNY, they have these little potatoes that you microwave that are incredible! They are so nicely seasoned. Their lemon meringue pie is delish too.

24. ecteach

ecteach Devotee

Aug 14, 2019

Those are good!

25. ecteach

ecteach Devotee

Aug 14, 2019

I called before the charge went through, and they stopped the charge. I just hope it doesn't happen again. This was a small order. I can't imagine if it was a big order and they did charge my card.

Nothing was ever delivered to me and I never ordered anything, but they sent me an invoice saying something was delivered to me.

26. funny_bunny

funny_bunny Rookie

Oct 5, 2019

Good enough for me.