school work help

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by sfambrose, Aug 27, 2002.

1. sfambrose

sfambrose Guest

Aug 27, 2002

I am a pre-k teacher working towards my license part time. This semester I am taking an online class dealing with education technology. Just wondering how some of you incorporate the computer in your classroom.

3. mommaruthie

mommaruthie Aficionado

Aug 27, 2002

The teachers have lap tops and are required to keep scores/grades and lesson plans on the computer. The students have a Lab to attend weekly for tutorial and a reading program that returns them to the lesson they left off the previous week. We are required to use the internet for parent contact using a site called schoolnotes.com. Weekly we are required to update the information. (technology in my class is also overhead, language master, or listening center right?!) not as modern in technology as computers. good luck, ruth

4. sfambrose

sfambrose Guest

Aug 27, 2002

thanks for the info. sounds like the class will come in handy when I am at a bigger school. I am saving my pennies for a laptop. right now I am stuck with a fossil which runs when it chooses.

5. Seich30

Seich30 Comrade

Aug 30, 2002

I teach pre-k, our use of computers consist of classroom computers for students to use during centers. I don't keep "grades" on the computer, but use it for daily lesson plans. I don't have a laptop, but a desk model. I'm always creating new materials for my children using Boardmaker, I also use it for IEP's and weekly newsletter. We have district wide email, so it is a dream to contact anyone.