School Spring

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Educat, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Educat

Educat Rookie

Jul 14, 2017

Has anyone experienced this? I have applied for several jobs on School Spring (which is where the schools say to go to apply for the job), and certain schools haven't even bothered to open my applications at all. They remain "unread" or in the "submitted" stage, even though I heard from the teacher grapevine that they have already done interviews and demo lessons. One such job application was never opened, and when it was finally opened, 2 minutes later they sent me a canned email saying I didn't get the job (not surprising, considering they had already hired someone before they even read my application). I find it kinda rude and a big waste of my time, and they could at least do the courtesy of opening something I put time and effort into. It has happened several times with this particular district, while other districts have opened applications and sent me interview requests. Anyone who can shed light on this?

3. Sab

Sab Companion

Jul 14, 2017

I'm not familiar with that site, but here jobs are mostly posted on Edjoin and it's similar. Sometimes they definitely already have someone in mind when they post the job, and it sucks because it is a huge waste of time to apply. One of my friends recently got hired and then saw the position she was hired for posted on there...she asked if she should be worried and they told her no, they were just required to post it. There are a few districts that have never viewed my applications, including one that required a separate essay on their district values along with the application. It's definitely irritating and you would think schools would at least click on applications to make it seem like they've considered them but I guess not always.

Educat likes this.
  4. Peregrin5

Peregrin5 Maven

Jul 14, 2017

You should check with the district and school website to double check that they do their primary hiring through SchoolSpring. At districts I applied to, they used SchoolSpring just to advertise the position, but the actual applications had to be done through a separate system that was linked to the district website.

otterpop and Leaborb192 like this.
  5. Leaborb192

Leaborb192 Enthusiast

Jul 14, 2017

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  6. Educat

Educat Rookie

Jul 14, 2017

Schoolspring is the only site that this particular district uses for applications, I'm aware that other places only use it for advertising and have their own ways of applying on their websites. All of my teacher friends who got hired in this district were hired through School spring.