School shooting hits close to home

Discussion in 'Prayer Request Forum' started by kinderkids, Sep 29, 2006.

1. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Sep 29, 2006

In a rural town and school in SW Wisconsin, a principal was shot to death today by a 15 year old student . My cousin is the superintendent of the school district, and former principal of the school. He was a mentor and friend to the new principal, and has asked for prayers for the family of the principal, who leaves behind a wife and three children.
    My cousin spoke with my dad today and is in shock and disbelief, as we all are. Please keep them in your prayers.

3. WITeach

WITeach Cohort

Sep 29, 2006

I heard about the shooting during school today. :( What a very sad situation. I will definitely pray for the principal's family as well as those that attend the school.

4. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Sep 29, 2006

How awful, kinder. I will keep them in my prayers.

5. jenglish97

jenglish97 Devotee

Sep 29, 2006

How awful... I heard it on the news tonight and could not beleive what I heard. Two school shootings in one week. I will pray for you and the community. Sorry about your loss.

6. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Sep 29, 2006

Nancy, I am so sorry to hear what happened. I hadnt heard about it. I will keep everyone in my prayers

7. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Sep 29, 2006

Your family is in my prayers. I saw your cousin speaking about the shooting on Comcast's The Fan. I cannot begin to imagine what everyone in the situation is going through. I hope this violence stops soon before more innocent lives are taken.

8. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Sep 29, 2006

It is so sad. Every school in America feels the effects of all these senseless shootings! Our poor children!

9. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Sep 30, 2006

So true. When I was a kid, we thought the dangers were all far away - like in Russia.

10. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

Sep 30, 2006

This is so scary Kinder. Especailly since it's in a rural town where you would least expect it.

11. 4shawnee

4shawnee Rookie

Sep 30, 2006

Your community is in my thoughts and prayers as well, I had heard on the news that you're also mourning the loss of a student that was killed in a car crash. I can't imagine the sadness you're all feeling. My husband is a principal in Wisconsin and my family is in Illinois. The fear in people's voices worried about your husband because he is a principal- is nothing anyone should every have to worry about. I am so sorry.

12. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Sep 30, 2006

My school practiced lockdown drills yesterday. We did two of them because the superintendent showed up for an unannounced drill. Trying to explain the reasons behind a lockdown drill to 7 and 8 year olds is not easy. The questions they had about what to do in different situations were scary. The SRO (school resource officer) who is a cop in our township had to come talk to my kids to alleviate their fears. It is so scary that this is what our world is coming to.

Kinder- I hope you are doing well:)

13. etcetera83

etcetera83 Cohort

Sep 30, 2006

Kinder - your family and community are in my thoughts and prayers. We had a 17 year old at a local high school charged with assault with intent to kill this week because he broke the resource officer's nose and tried to stab him with a pen. The violence is all over.

14. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Sep 30, 2006

Thank you all for your replies. I need to clarify, this wasn't my school district. It is my cousin who is the super of the district and had passed along the request for prayers. I feel for all in that small town...........most of my relatives (cousins, aunts, uncles, etc.) live in the area so they are all affected. Myself, I am not in the area, but feel connected because of my cousin and extended family.

15. wikteacher

wikteacher Rookie

Oct 3, 2006

kinderkids - my thoughts and prayers are certainly with your family specifically, as well as with the whole Weston community. I teach in a K-12 rural school just a few miles down the road from Weston. I know several people who work at Weston and many kids who go there. This is such a scary, scary thing anywhere it happens, but this time was just too close to home. It's so hard to try to understand it and accept it ourselves, much less to try to explain it to our students here.