School dances sure..........

Discussion in 'Debate & Marathon Threads Archive' started by Major, May 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Major

Major Connoisseur

May 27, 2010

3. knitter63

knitter63 Groupie

May 27, 2010

Naw, Major, I have to believe that not all kids are like that! I've seen my 5th graders do some strange dancing, but nothing that was this sexual. Well, at least not at school! :p

4. SunnyGal

SunnyGal Companion

May 27, 2010

Whaaaaaa?! :eek:

5. deedee

deedee Connoisseur

May 27, 2010

I run the dances at my school ..and a few of them would dance like that if we let them! :eek: But overall the kids understand respectful dancing. Yikes those kids look like they are in 4th grade!

6. Major

Major Connoisseur

May 27, 2010

When I was in the 4th and 5th grade we didn't dance....... No "real" boy wanted to have anything to do with the girls.......

Of course that changed a LOT in a couple of years.....:lol:

7. TiffanyL

TiffanyL Cohort

May 27, 2010

How on earth did you manage to come across that? When I read the comments on the bottom, they are extremely offensive.

Wondering what type of site this is that posted that to begin with. :dizzy: It certainly cannot be representative of your average school dance.

8. deedee

deedee Connoisseur

May 27, 2010

It is funny to see the differences in ages at the dances. 6th graders are giggily and silly laughing and running around. They are just happy to be in the door. 7th graders are a little more willing to actually dance but still very shy. 8th graders are a bit more brazen but are also the ones crying becuase he dumped me she danced with him. :haha: I love the dances becuase you really get to see the kids have fun in a new expreience!

Its sad that some kids feel the need to pretend grow up ( or really act inappropriate )!

9. Love to Teach

Love to Teach Cohort

May 27, 2010

Looks more like a birthday party to me....one girl had a crown, I think? I think these adults should be arrested for child abuse and contributing to the deliquency of a minor charges! Even if the adults weren't actually showing them how to dance like this, they need to monitor what they are being exposed to! :eek:

10. TiffanyL

TiffanyL Cohort

May 27, 2010

I agree, LovetoTeach

11. teaching4God

teaching4God Cohort

May 27, 2010

Wis hI hadn't watched that. Makes you sick to your stomach.

12. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

May 27, 2010

When My stepdaughter was going from 8th grade to Freshman the High school had a dance for the 8th graders. Knowing the teacher who was the student council advisor I was let in before the end what I saw was shocking :eek:
    one couple looked they were "coupled" or his fly was caught on her back pocket, every song! Had I said anything my stepdaughter would have died (I said a lot while I drove her home).
    My friend's hands were tied she could not say anything Because of "cultural differences" and her Co-Advisor was the school psychologist did not want to "Have negative vibes"

[​IMG]
    When I was in school (I picked up my date on my bike (she rode on the handle bars) j/k
    If during a slow dance if you even accidentally touched your partner's bra strap through her clothes you apologized or got slapped (remember we dance holding one hand and the other at the small of her back (we could get close enough to be cheek to cheek)​

[​IMG]

13. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

May 28, 2010

I don't think that was a school dance. I've been to junior high dances recently, and while there were a few students who would dance like that, they would be told immediately to stop.

Part of it is cultural. I had to stop my students from dancing too provocatively on the playground before and they were in kindergarten! I taught them that if their parents let them dance like that at home, that's okay, but it's not acceptable for school. Often, the parents would encourage it!

14. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

May 29, 2010

I don't use this expression, even abbreviated, but the video summarized it nicely: WTF? :(

15. futureteach21

futureteach21 Habitué

May 29, 2010

Disgusting is the first word that popped into my head.

16. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

May 29, 2010

We had a freshman dance last night. Because of the holiday weekend, fewer than 100 kids showed up.

All were dressed in the theme: black and white.

No bare midriffs, no really short skirts, no flip flops. One or two of the guys wore a tie, most wore polo shirts.

Nothing there that would have shocked my mom.

A good time was had by all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.