School Closet Make Over

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Mrs.Sheila, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Mrs.Sheila

Mrs.Sheila Cohort

Jul 17, 2010

I am wanting some new clothes for the school year! :rolleyes: Yeah i know... whoopee!

I tried on a pair of my jeans yesterday and oh my! :eek: I haven't really gained any weight, but have increased my exercise. I dont' know if I am holding water weight because of that or what, but man oh man.

I get to wear jeans daily .... but I don't want to! Is that weird?

So, if you could add ANYTHING into your new to you school clothes closet, what would you add?

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 17, 2010

I'm in a totally different place than you; I'm hoping to pick up a suit or two at the outlets upstate next week.

OK, but for you:

How about colored jeans? White,(well, maybe not with Pre-K) black, brown, even pink. They would still give you the comfort of jeans, but add a little versatilitiy to your wardrobe.

Again, I'm in totally over my head here. I wear suits a LOT, and long skirts with a T or a sweater most of the rest of the time.

4. Mrs.Sheila

Mrs.Sheila Cohort

Jul 17, 2010

I would love to incorporate more skirts. Since I have lost the weight, I just want to revamp my "look" and well.. what better way then with clothes! I struggle though finding longer skirts. Where do you find yours? I love ankle length!

5. wdwteach

wdwteach Cohort

Jul 18, 2010

I am switching to a new school and I just want to look nice. I think I will look for some structured tops and some new pants. Plain tops just hang sloppily on me. They need to have some shape to them. I am going to look at New York and Co., Loft, JC Penney, and Kohls to start.

6. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Jul 18, 2010

I bought my GD 5 pairs of jeans and 1 top at Kohls during their last sale and only spent $55. The jeans were marked down from $80!!

7. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Jul 18, 2010

I've bought a great Tommy Hilfiger yellow dress which is pencil shaped at T.J. Maxx. It's wonderful.

Dillards had a 50 percent off their Ruby Road collection this week and I found 4 new tops. I also found a demin pant suit, white pants and tan pants for $180.00. They also had Jessica Simpson sandals on sale and I bought a beautiful pair.

I really need to move a few things out of my closet.

8. Teaching Grace

Teaching Grace Connoisseur

Jul 18, 2010

My one "must have" item this year was cardigans to do layering with. I went through my closet and made a list of what I needed to have and what I wanted to have. Make sure to try everything on and get rid of items that are too small, you won't wear, or are worn out. My main "want item" was a blue jean jacket. I also wanted a couple more dresses, white dress shirt, and black dress pants.

9. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Virtuoso

Jul 18, 2010

I don't like jeans either. I don't find them comfortable. I wear them sometimes in winter, and that's about it.

I'm pretty well set in the clothing department. I buy frequently because I'm always on the lookout for sales. (I don't pay full price for anything.)

I would like some new pants, though. Pants are really hard to fit for me. My waist is about the same as my hips, and I have really short legs. I have all the basic nautral colors in pants, but none of them fit exactly like I want, and they're all several years old and slightly big.

10. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Jul 18, 2010

Someone posted about cardigans at lands end a few weeks ago. I plan on buying a bunch. I like to layer because I feel like a jacket or cardigan can take just a tee and pants and make it look like an outfit.