School called for an interview--left message for wrong name?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by tripletsteacher, Jul 30, 2008.

1. tripletsteacher

tripletsteacher Companion

Jul 30, 2008

Hello, I have not been on here hardly at all this summer. We have been remodeling and gone much of the summer. Some of you might remember the interview I had back in May for a first grade position at the school I toured at. I did not get that job and felt I bombed that interview. I was almost offered an unadvertised 4th grade a few weeks ago, but the resource teacher at that school took the position. I returned home today to find a message on my machine from the principal of the first grade position I interviewed for back in May. It was addressed to a Sara ????? and stated there was another position open and would I/she be willing to interview for it. I have to call back in the morning. I am not Sara though. Do you think he just messed up the names of the people he was calling? Remember--I interviewed with this panel before and did not get the job back in May. He had to get my number from my resume but said the message was for Sara. My name is Brenda. The other weird thing is that this school is a K-3 school and his message says it is for a 4th grade. He is only the principal at the K-3 school. Is he totally confused or what? I will call back tomorrow to see if he truly meant to call me or not. The fact that he said the word another means he knows he has interviewed me or Sara before. Very strange!

3. Zelda~*

Zelda~* Devotee

Jul 30, 2008

Yeah, call back tomorrow. :) I'd just say something along the lines of "Hi, this is Brenda, I'm returning your call from yesterday."

Probably he also called Sarah for an interview. (Maybe he called her by your name? :) )

4. alilisa

alilisa Habitué

Jul 30, 2008

I like Zelda's answer. I would just say that you are returning his call from yesterday. Put it back on him and see what he says!! Maybe he called you but used the wrong name. It has happened before. Think positively!! :)

5. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jul 30, 2008

I agree with Zelda.

6. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Jul 30, 2008

I agree with Zelda and the others. Let us know what happens!

7. MissWull

MissWull Cohort

Jul 30, 2008

I think it's best that he called you...because like you said he had to get your number from your resume, so he was obviously looking at your resume. Perhaps "Sara" was just someone he had talked to...or someone on another resume he looked at BUT he called your number!! :)

8. TeacherC

TeacherC Connoisseur

Jul 30, 2008

Sometimes leaving a message throws people off...maybe he had just talked to a Sarah or something. Just tell him you are returning his call....and let us know what happens!