Scholastic

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by teach2read10, Nov 23, 2009.

1. teach2read10

teach2read10 Companion

Nov 23, 2009

A couple of my colleagues and I were considering taking a pretty long drive to participate in a Scholastic warehouse sale. We're looking for cheap Christmas gifts. How many of you have attended one of these events. Is it worth a long drive?

3. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Nov 23, 2009

I think that there are not that many great deals unless you are upper elementary and buying chapter books. The picture books were not that great of a deal and tended to just be cute books, not books you would use for lessons. All the primary teachers I know have been disappointed with the selection.

4. MissScrimmage

MissScrimmage Aficionado

Nov 23, 2009

I have always found a good variety. Is yours on a week day? Ours is on a Monday - Tuesday, which is a little annoying because it is a long drive for me!

5. Maryhf

Maryhf Connoisseur

Nov 23, 2009

The one in Middletown is "hit or miss" the last few years. Sometimes I've been really lucky though and gotten the cute "extras" from book sales for next to nothing. Other times, the selection was limited. I was mostly looking for upper level books.

6. KLSSwimmer

KLSSwimmer Habitué

Nov 24, 2009

Scholastic book sales are a little hit and miss, but the December sale is usually pretty good. I especially got a lot of books when I taught upper grades - especially 3rd/4th/5th. I got a lot of good gifts for my friends (adult friends) because they also have adult books half off as well. I think that it is worth the drive.