Scholastic Warehouse Sale?

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by lee710, Aug 20, 2007.

1. lee710

lee710 Rookie

Aug 20, 2007

The closest one is about an hour from me- is it worth the drive? How much are the books usually discounted? Thanks.

3. Mommyof2xys

Mommyof2xys Rookie

Aug 20, 2007

I have been once, a few years ago. I enjoyed it. They were pretty resonable. If I am not mistaken, they had one thing where you filled up a box with books for a pretty ok price. Some things are 1/2 off, I think that it varies.

4. MrsAcord

MrsAcord Rookie

Aug 27, 2007

I go to the one in May with some of my fellow teachers. We make a day of it..get up early...shop...stop for lunch. We have lots of fun. It is about 2 hours from us, but I still usually have a van full of teachers. Most of the books at 1/2 off. Sometimes they have some even more discounted. The last couple of years the one we were at had a special area where you can fill a box for $20 or $1 deals, but those are only on special items. I loved getting some good deals on the cookbooks and gift books for family and friends. I spent way too much the first year because there was so much I saw that I "HAD TO HAVE", but now I enjoy going to fill in with series or get books from my "wish list" In short...it is a bargain (and book) lovers place to be. Just my opinion!

5. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Aug 27, 2007

I didn't think the deals were amazing, but I bought a ton of class sets of books. I bought three sets of chapter books, and 4 sets of picture books for about $275. I was definitely a deal, because I bought a class set in a series I already had, and I had spent about $120 on the set at a regular store earlier in the year!

I also got a class set of books, and they were all $1. They have some that are a dollar, but most are still $3-5. I will go again next year... I am trying to built my guided reading library. I do think however, getting the 95 cent books from the book orders is a more likely way to find a deal.

6. dumbdiety

dumbdiety Comrade

Aug 27, 2007

Just hit the local one here on Saturdy. Everything was 50% off, with a bit at $2 or less. Pretty good selection as well (Bone 1-4! YES!). They had them all on those metal bookcases that they use for the school book fairs, but they said the one in December will have the ENTIRE warehouse open....saving money now.... :)