scholastic store

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by annafish, Dec 1, 2007.

1. annafish

annafish Companion

Dec 1, 2007

I didn't see this posted, I hope it wasn't already. I was just on scholastic.com and on the teacher store part. They are having dollar days. They have a TON of really good activity books. I am always buying them for ideas and they are $1 each! I couldn't believe it. I think there is a limit of 25 items. I saw some on there that I have purchased in the past for $12. You really can't go wrong with the price. They also have a ton of other great stuff. Shipping was only $2!:D

3. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

Dec 1, 2007

Yeah! Get a Christmas present for yourself. It is so fun when that Scholastic box arrives, you have all those goodies, and you only spent a dollar each!

4. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Dec 1, 2007

I bought THIRTY books last year. I'm waiting for their books to go on sale, so I can buy $1.00 books for guided reading!

5. Budaka

Budaka Cohort

Dec 1, 2007

Thanks for the information!

6. sevenplus

sevenplus Connoisseur

Dec 1, 2007

Thanks for posting this! Although I just spent about 30 very frustrating minutes because the site was moving so slow and when I got to checkout it kept saying there was an error. So I nver got to order. :(

7. annafish

annafish Companion

Dec 2, 2007

Hey that happened to me too, but I it did go through because I got an email from them. It was SUPER slow.

8. Rabbitt

Rabbitt Connoisseur

Dec 2, 2007

Can you use bonus points too?

9. firstgradeteach

firstgradeteach Comrade

Dec 2, 2007

Thank you for posting this! I never knew about this sale! I spent about 40 minutes going through the process and then I got the same error! I was so upset! I then left it on my computer screen and left to go eat breakfast. I came back and thought... why not try to send it again. I tried again and it worked this time! I am so glad that I didn't 'X' out of the screen when I left. I would have wasted 40 minutes of my time choosing books again!

10. sevenplus

sevenplus Connoisseur

Dec 2, 2007

Woohoo! My order went through today! I ordered 25 books and I am very excited about the incredible price!

11. WaterfallLady

WaterfallLady Enthusiast

Dec 2, 2007

Thanks... I had posted this in the General Ed. forums and was wondering if I should post it in the Elementary too!!! I want to make sure everyone knows about this!

12. 2ndTimeArnd

2ndTimeArnd Companion

Dec 2, 2007

Last nite their website was a mess ... it took forever to get through all the pages. But I finally was able to get all my orders paid for and got e-mail confirmations, and let's just say I'm going to need another bookcase. There were some phenomenal bargains. But the stuff is going fast ... I had things disappearing out of my cart even as I was filling it up, with a message about how it had gone out of stock since I put it in my basket. The site seemed to be working a little faster this morning. If you're going to try it, don't waste any time getting there!

Also, I got an e-mail from Scholastic about an online warehouse sale ... similar to (and much easier) than the warehouse sales they have in selected cities. I don't know if this option is open to everyone or not, because you have to click on your state. Our warehouse sale is set to open next weekend, so I'm guessing that's why I got the e-mail. There were some decent bargains ... a number of $1 books, and others at a reduced price, and I even ran across a couple of teacher resource books for very cheap. Shipping was higher, and I had to pay tax, but overall, it's still easier than schlepping out to the warehouse and pawing throuh those big boxes of $1 books that rarely have anything I want.

13. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Dec 2, 2007

No, you can't use bonus points at the sale.

14. MS Candy

MS Candy Comrade

Dec 2, 2007

It is going at a good speed today...
    I am so happy!
    Thanks!:up:

15. MS Candy

MS Candy Comrade

Dec 2, 2007

Ok, so they have another sale and that one is books???
    Please keep me in on that loop!
    Thanks!

16. katydid205

katydid205 Companion

Dec 2, 2007

I got the same error message, but it cleared my cart. Arrrrhhh. I spent 40 minutes looking through all of that and SLOWLY getting things into my cart. I'll try again tomorrow. Great deals, though.

17. sevenplus

sevenplus Connoisseur

Dec 2, 2007

Sorry that happened to you! My advice is write down item numbers as you go. That way you'll at least have that list if you have to fill the cart again. Or you can order by phone. But I think with item numbers you can just type them in instead of clicking on all of the items.

18. alilisa

alilisa Habitué

Dec 2, 2007

Very slow!! I am still waiting for my order to go through! I hope it does, since I need some of the books for Master's!
    Thanks for the heads up! I always forget about this sale!

19. newteachfl

newteachfl Companion

Dec 6, 2007

I ordered from the Dollar sale and got a confirmation email. I called today to check on the order (because it wasn't showing up on the website---even though I had an order number and a confirmation email) and the customer service person said it didn't go through! She placed my order for me, but some of my books were out of stock already :(. It might be a good idea to call and double check that yours went through.

20. 2ndTimeArnd

2ndTimeArnd Companion

Dec 6, 2007

aaack ... I have been dealing with this same issue. Confirmation e-mail, but not showing up on my account on the website. I sent an e-mail and some goofball sent a thing back saying, "The Teacher Store has been experiencing trouble ... please try again." But she didn't answer my question. Then I got an e-mail saying one of my 3 orders had been sent ... but the website shows it's still being processed. Heavens. I know they're a big outfit, but solve the technical issues. They had to know there would be a big response. So yes, I will check.... Thanks

21. rchlkay

rchlkay Companion

Dec 6, 2007

When does Scholastic usually do these dollar sales? A few times a year? I remember ordering books from them sometime last spring. Also, I'm interested in knowing when they have the children's books on sale.

22. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Dec 7, 2007

Has anyone's things shipped yet????? I ordered last weekend (two orders) and neither has shipped. I really want this stuff before we go to break. My orders do show up, but they are still "processing". Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....................

23. sevenplus

sevenplus Connoisseur

Dec 7, 2007

I checked mine online last night and it said "processing" but I received it in the mail today!!!

I ordered 25 items and only 23 were in the box... The invoice shows that they are not there but there is not note as to whether they or backordered or whatnot.

ETA: I just checked the website again and my order is still listed as "processing." :haha:

24. 2ndTimeArnd

2ndTimeArnd Companion

Dec 7, 2007

Same for me ... two orders listed as "Processing," but one arrived today. And the third one I got an e-mail confirmation for has never showed up as "Processing," yet today when I went back and tried to reorder the books from that order that were still available, books from THAT order attached themselves to my new order.

Obviously strange things are going on at Scholastic. But they are typically such a good company and offer such great deals and customer service, that I can't get too mad ... and I am still getting a lot of $12 and $13 books for a buck....

25. MS Candy

MS Candy Comrade

Dec 8, 2007

MIne says processing, too.
    I called and spoke to someone who confirmed all my items and said it should ship yesterday or Monday... we shall see.
    Ok, so has anyone been charged, because he stated that you are charged when they ship and I have not been charged as of yesterday, I am going to check that next.
    I don't have break until the 21st but I am excited and hope everything shows up!

26. MS Candy

MS Candy Comrade

Dec 8, 2007

Ok, checked bank, work email and website....
    NO NEW NEWS! :(:down:

27. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Dec 8, 2007

Good, maybe mine have shipped too. We are working on fractions and decimals and I ordered several fraction books. They are not doing well converting the two back and forth, so I am afraid of what is going to happen when we begin to multiply and divide.... I'm hoping the books will help be a warm-up, extra practice, or best case scenario would be for them to be good enough to skip the book and just use them!

28. firstgradeteach

firstgradeteach Comrade

Dec 8, 2007

I called yesterday and the lady confirmed that mine was at the Columbus hub. She said I should get it yesterday or the latest Monday. I didn't have school due to the snow day (yay!) so it may even be at my school now. :) I hope so!!!!!

29. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Dec 8, 2007

I ordered 10 book on Sunday night... they came in Thursday afternoon. I only got 7 of them (and, or course, the 3 I rally wanted are the 3 that didn't arrive)... the other 3 had *'s on the shipping order, but no explanation as to why they weren't shipped. I called Scholastic yesterday and they said they were out of stock (not a huge surprise!) and they were sorry they hadn't noted that.

As of yesterday, my card hadn't been charged yet; I haven't checked today.

30. MS Candy

MS Candy Comrade

Dec 8, 2007

Thanks for the update!
    But now I am thinking, are these close outs? Will those items be on back order, etc?
    The store process seems so different from the Club...Thankfully!
    I am glad you good most of your items.
    I guess I just have to wait and see and maybe place another order before end of year, right?! :lol:

31. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Dec 8, 2007

I am hoping all my items come... I really had some great things!!!

32. MS Candy

MS Candy Comrade

Dec 8, 2007

Order Update

I received an email...1 box has shipped! YEAH!:2up:
    The other never made it out...:(
    Well maybe it will, I am rather shocked that I have 2 boxes full of stuff...
    This is like it is my b-day or something, LOL!:lol:

33. MelissainGA

MelissainGA Groupie

Dec 8, 2007

I just tried to call and check status of an order that I made on Monday that hasn't shown up on my account even though the one I made on Wednesday has shown up. The message said they were "currently closed for the holidays" and would reopen on December 27th. I called the number on the page when you go into "view order". Anyone else get this message? The one that hasn't shown up was the big order. I know some things were "out of stock" and some were only "back ordered" but a bunch were still available also. I just want them to arrive because I wanted to use some of them with the kids to fill in time before we go on holiday break the 14th.

34. 2ndTimeArnd

2ndTimeArnd Companion

Dec 8, 2007

How could they be closed for the holidays already? What about all those book orders us last-minute teachers will be placing (and having shipped extra-fast) in the next week? Maybe I take back what I said about this being such a great company ... I also ordered books 10 days ago from a Scholastic Online Warehouse Sale that seem to be lagging.

35. MS Candy

MS Candy Comrade

Dec 8, 2007

Ok, being the investigator that I am...I checked my tracking numbers, the club and the store do ship from the same place.
    The prompt 1 does have that announcement but when you press 3 for club-online it does not but they are closed...
    So the plot thickens, I think they just got overwhelmed and are in a panic, maybe after the holiday things will setlle down.
    I know I was hoping to get all my items, I really could use some of them soon, too.
    Well with every bargin come a price I guess.
    Though I was going to try to get in a class order and now I am re-thinking it...........mmmmmmmmm, what to do???:eek:hmy:

36. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Dec 8, 2007

Went to the site and didn't find where to locate any books from the sale...because there is a Warehouse within 10 miles from me; I got a pass to go in there and shop; also got a $10 coupon if I spend $50. I still want to see what's online.
    Please :help:
    thank you!

37. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Dec 8, 2007

ok; I reread the first post and found the site! I found lots of $1, but I'm really interested in books for my students...nothing for a $1.

I'm going to make sure I hit the warehouse this week! :D

38. MelissainGA

MelissainGA Groupie

Dec 9, 2007

As far as the book club ordering is concerned. I placed an order on Thursday and according to the tracking # it should be here Tuesday. That is without the extra payment for "express shipping". We are having our warehouse sale also. I got about 150.00 worth of books for my classroom library for 71.00 after they took off my 10.00 so that went fine. I am still worried though since the one order still isn't showing up. I had them set to ship it here @ home since I was afraid it might not make it in time before we got out of school. I then went back on line and made another much smaller order for things I missed the first time and it is showing up. Guess I will just have to wait and see. Oh well... can hope that they show.

39. WaterfallLady

WaterfallLady Enthusiast

Dec 9, 2007

Ok, I keep hearing about the warehouse sale online...how do I find out more?

40. MelissainGA

MelissainGA Groupie

Dec 9, 2007

I would too waterfalllady. Our warehouse is actually here in town (about a mile down the road from my house). I would be interested to see if they have the warehouse online though to finish up a few guided reading sets that they didn't have enough copies of @ the actual warehouse.

41. MelissainGA

MelissainGA Groupie

Dec 9, 2007

waterfalllady,

I found the link http://shopbookfairs.com/ it is only offered to certain states because they don't have warehouses in their area. So I guess I am going to have to check back at the warehouse here in town to see if they restock those books.