Scholastic Reading Club-What would you do?

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by LMichele, Oct 11, 2015.

1. LMichele

LMichele Cohort

Oct 11, 2015

I have been a customer of Scholastic Reading Club for years and have never had any trouble with their payment system, until now :/

I mailed $98 worth of parents checks a few weeks ago, and usually it is posted to my account within a few days. It has been a few weeks and nothing. I am worried that it might have gotten lost in the mail. I don't think I can ask my parents to cancel the checks and write new ones (large immigrant population, I'm not sure how this will be translated to him). I don't want to have to pay the $98 of my own money to make up the difference. I also don't want the balance looming over my account. Any suggestions?

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Oct 11, 2015

Call Scholastic?

4. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Oct 11, 2015

1st call them...they are great to work with. I had mailed a check and they hadn't gotten it. They told me to give it a few weeks. I did and they got it. If you used their envelop, most of the time it will make it.

2nd set up an online account. Parents order with a credit card or debit card. You don't have to mail checks and it is less paper work.

5. readingrules12

readingrules12 Aficionado

Oct 11, 2015

Scholastic usually doesn't cash any checks until they send the books. I would call them. I have and they have always been great.

6. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Oct 11, 2015

I love the new online ordering feature where you type in kids name and what they've ordered....packing sheet lists ordered books by student name....

Also, since I've activated the online ordering feature parents can order from multiple catalogs and ay online. I also get credit in points for students ho order online using my class account if their teacher hasn't activated...a oil league last week thought he deserved the points from his kids despite me delivering the order placed on my online ordering account! LOL.

7. LMichele

LMichele Cohort

Oct 12, 2015

Thanks. I will call since I have gotten the books and it has been a few weeks. I guess I'm just worried about what they will tell me to do if they don't receive the checks.

I do have an online account setup, but not many of my parents are able to use it. I mostly get cash, bags of coins, or checks.