scholastic question

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Jenlovestoteach, Jan 2, 2008.

1. Jenlovestoteach

Jenlovestoteach Comrade

Jan 2, 2008

I've never done a scholastic book club order before and sent them home for the first time with my kids today. Do I have to order a February catalog or will they automatically send me one? Do they only send you the next month's if you ordered the previous month? How does it work? TIA! :)

3. chicagoturtle

chicagoturtle Fanatic

Jan 2, 2008

If you order - it will come with your order- you may get a few in the mail too. You'll be overloaded with them before you know it!

4. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jan 2, 2008

Oh yeah, you'll have more than you know what to do with. When you send your next order or payment in, make sure to use the order form that already has your name and customer number printed on it.

5. uclalum

uclalum Groupie

Jan 3, 2008

Yeah, you will be getting them every month now! Even if you don't order anything, they will still mail you the catalogs.

6. Steph-ernie

Steph-ernie Groupie

Jan 3, 2008

This year has been a lot better for me - it seems that I usually only end up with 2 of each order form - the one that comes with the previous month's order, and the one that comes in the mail. In previous years, I usually ended up with 3 or 4 of each order form. For me at least, it seems like they're finally cutting back a little on their mailings. Thank goodness. All the extras just end up in the trash anyway!

Hmmm, I wonder if there's some sort of a project we could do with the extras ... I'm thinking about a math lesson on money and budgeting or something :woot:

7. love2teachk

love2teachk Companion

Jan 3, 2008

When I taught 6th grade resource I "gave" them $100 to spend and ads (you could use scholastic) and they could see what they could get for that much money for Christmas Shopping. They had to do a write up and cut the pictures out and make a whole poster on it. They LOVED it, it was one of their favorites!! It was a class contest amongst themselves to see who could get the closest without going over!!