Scholastic Printables??

Discussion in 'Fifth Grade' started by 5thgraderocks, Aug 22, 2008.

1. 5thgraderocks

5thgraderocks Companion

Aug 22, 2008

Is this site worth the money for 5th grade teachers?

3. dumbdiety

dumbdiety Comrade

Aug 22, 2008

I've got both Printables and TeacherFileBox. I find more stuff at TeacherFileBox, but Printables has been adding a LOT of content lately. If you had to choose right now, I'd say TeacherFileBox, but if you have the money both are good.

4. 5thgraderocks

5thgraderocks Companion

Aug 22, 2008

I've never seen the TeacherFileBox site. I will need to choose one or the other I think. Thanks for the info.

5. uclalum

uclalum Groupie

Aug 22, 2008

I agree! Teacherfilebox is the best!

6. bookfan

bookfan New Member

Dec 5, 2008

Another option instead of Scholastic Printables

I was all set to sign up with Scholastic Printables, but then discovered that a good majority of their items are actually just clip-art (I was looking for worksheets). I also Googled reviews by teachers who had subscribed to the Printables website - some of those reviews kept recommending another site, EducationCreations. One visit to EducationCreations and I was sold! I subscribed immediately! They are running a Dec. special right now - if you subscribe before Dec. 24 you get an extra month free. They have 12,000 printable items, and nearly all of them are worksheets.

I am especially pleased with their "Morning Work", which is a combination of Math and Lang. Arts/Writing that the students work on first thing in the morning. My students love it, and their skills are really improving. (I teach 2nd grade.)

I don't work for EducationCreations - I am just so happy that I found exactly what I was looking for at just the right time when I needed it!

7. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Dec 6, 2008

Hey, it is a good site; I just browsed around and saw the Freebie link. Thanks for posting.