Scholastic Ordering Online is Great!

Discussion in 'General Education' started by TeacherSandra, Sep 5, 2008.

1. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Sep 5, 2008

I decided to offer online ordering and boy, am I glad I did! I already have 3 orders totaling over $50. I wish I had done this years ago.

3. TeacherC

TeacherC Connoisseur

Sep 5, 2008

Not enough of my families have computers, so I don't offer it- but I'm glad that it is working for you! :)

4. old-new teacher

old-new teacher Comrade

Sep 5, 2008

Can you offer both forms of ordering on the same flyer? I haven't read too much into it yet, so maybe you can save me searching through their website for that answer! ;)

5. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Sep 5, 2008

I really like the club ordering online as well. I have had good luck with it!

6. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Sep 5, 2008

Yup. This is what I do.

7. buck8teacher

buck8teacher Devotee

Sep 5, 2008

I sent mine home on Wednesday, I already have one online order and hoping more more! My first book order is usually awesome! :) I hope I get more orders (flyer and online) before the due date, the 12th!

8. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Sep 6, 2008

Yes, you can offer both; and I do.

9. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Sep 6, 2008

I offered both as well. This time I only had cash/check orders. Placed them last night using the codes from the other thread & got a ton of things. Ended up getting a class set of Frindles for free (used the 20 in free books to get 20, and then 80 bonus points to get 5 more). Got a TON of other stuff too!!!

10. sevenplus

sevenplus Connoisseur

Sep 6, 2008

I used to offer online ordering, but none of my parents EVER used it. This year I had a mom email me to ask for the username and password. So I'm doing it again.

I send home the flyers and tell them they can pay by check or cash. And now I'll send them the online ordering info, too.

11. shouldbeasleep

shouldbeasleep Enthusiast

Sep 8, 2008

I placed my first class order on line on Friday night, but I couldn't figure out where I was supposed to order my free books. So I didn't. Does anyone know specifically when you type that in?

12. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Sep 8, 2008

Which free books are you talking about Shouldbeasleep? If you mean the ones that automatically come with the flyer order; then you're alright; they will be sent to you.

13. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Sep 8, 2008

Or do you mean the $20 of free books??? YOu need to have ordered those! If not, I would definitely call them with the list of items that you want. Call today and let them know you just forgot to add them; they will let you add them. Scholastic is very good! :angel:

14. doubletrouble

doubletrouble Companion

Sep 8, 2008

I am glad it worked for you . Have you ever had any trouble with bad checks ? This kept happening to me .

15. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Sep 8, 2008

Bad checks? Parents are to make the checks out to Scholastic, not you. Is that what you mean? I have never had that problem before. What happened?

16. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Sep 8, 2008

I think I give my parents way too much time to order from Scholastic...one complete week! What do you think?

I'm so anxious to place the class order!! And the parents who ordered online did it quickly (by the next day); so, I don't think I will have anymore orders.

I think for the October order, I am going to hand out the flyers on Wednesday and all orders must be turned in by the following Monday.
    What do you think and how much time do you give your parents?

17. Lives4Math

Lives4Math Comrade

Sep 8, 2008

I used to give 2 weeks....just because some parents would let me know that they didn't get paid until X day and could I wait to send it in. This way they get 2 full weeks notice. I haven't sent any home yet this year....Need to find out if the english teacher does before I do! If she does I think I'll still send click!

18. old-new teacher

old-new teacher Comrade

Sep 8, 2008

I always give my kids 2 weeks to turn them in so that if parents are in between paychecks, they can still order. The impatient part of me wants to ask for it back in a week or less, but I've always gotten bigger orders by waiting that 2 weeks after I send them out.

19. sevenplus

sevenplus Connoisseur

Sep 8, 2008

I do a week and a half. I send it home on a Monday and have it due the Wednesday of the following week. But I don't place the order until Friday night because I invariably have a couple of stragglers.

20. michelleann27

michelleann27 Cohort

Sep 8, 2008

I love scholastic but I haven't tried ordering online. May end up trying it.

21. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Sep 8, 2008

I have one online order so far. I also give 2 weeks and make it a Tuesday or Wednesday so that I can actually wait until Friday for straggling orders. I wish they would all order online so that I could just worry about ordering my own books :lol:

22. scooter503

scooter503 Comrade

Sep 8, 2008

Today was only our fifth day of school and my kids have already been begging me to send a book order home. I got stuff ready after school tonight so it will go home with them tomorrow. I will be doing online ordering for the first time this year. I'm excited to see how it goes. I'm gonna have to check my info to see if I get the free $20 too. That's exciting! I LOVE books!!!:D

23. TeacherC

TeacherC Connoisseur

Sep 8, 2008

I'm so mad....I just got Scholastic's October fliers, but I never got anything for September! I guess I can request them online, but I wanted to get them out to the students by the end of this week...I guess that won't be happening!

24. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Sep 8, 2008

You can still have your parents order the Sept. online!! Just let them know that they will be available only online for September.
    There are some great values in the Sept.; 1st time order...so, I would do that! You get $20 in free books for yourself! And lots of other freebies & bonus points when you add in the codes!

25. forkids

forkids Cohort

Sep 9, 2008

I send my orders home on Wednesday and they are due the following Monday. I tried giving a week or two weeks, and never got many orders - apparently they forgot or lost them.

26. ms.defelice

ms.defelice Rookie

Sep 9, 2008

For those of you who have already done the "parents ordering online", I have a question. How do you know who ordered which books, when the order comes in? Does it print the child's name right on the order receipt? Usually I use the paper order lists to match books to kids. Also, is there a way for me to see right online who has already placed an order? I know that people have ordered, but I don't know which kids. Thanks!

27. dolphinswim

dolphinswim Companion

Sep 9, 2008

When you submit the order it will tell you who ordered online. It will also be listed on the invoice but it only has the book number next to the childs name so I get confused! I always write the names down once I submit my order online! I do love the parents online...I had a few order quite a bit my first order!

28. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Sep 9, 2008

So far, I have a grand total order of $118!!! That includes online ordering ($53) and flyer orders ($65). Yipee!! I'm getting lots of freebies and bonus points; and remember...we get an extra 500 bonus points just for setting up the online ordering!
    2 of my favorite books are Caps for Sale and Cookies Week; I'm getting those BIG books with my bonus points and free September $20!!! They cost $17 or 340 Bonus points (I think that's the amt of bonus points). :)

29. scooter503

scooter503 Comrade

Sep 9, 2008

Where do you find the codes for freebies and extra bonus points? I don't want to miss out on any.

30. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Sep 9, 2008

There was another thread on here and several people put down the codes. Here are ones that I have:

31. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Sep 10, 2008

I already got my books today that I ordered last Friday. My kids were shocked!