Scholastic fridge?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by ahsila, Jul 21, 2008.

1. ahsila

ahsila Companion

Jul 21, 2008

I have been thinking about getting a small refrigerator for my classroom - if we are still allowed to have them - and I have enough bonus points in my scholastic bank to buy the fridge they have (It's just under 2cu.ft. and that is really probably all the space I'll need).
    My question is if anyone has ever gotten one and, if so, is yours any good? I know it's "free" so I shouldn't worry about it, but it is also 3000 points that I could be using to buy books for my students.
    Thanks for your help.

3. DaleJr88AmpFan

DaleJr88AmpFan Cohort

Jul 21, 2008

I absolutely love mine!!!!! It is the perfect size for school... plenty of room for some popcans, bottles of water, lunch and extra cartons of juice or milk. As a matter of fact, I am thinking of getting a second one for home use... yes, I have earned enough of those points from my own purchases to justify that. :)

4. Mable

Mable Enthusiast

Jul 21, 2008

I love the fact that you've earned enough bonus points for these larger items. What's the secret?

5. ahsila

ahsila Companion

Jul 21, 2008

I have six paras with either small children or grandchildren...
    I also take the book orders to my mom around the holidays - she has 8 grandkids and loves getting them somewhat cheap. Plus (the big one) I signed up my first year and had to purchase a classroom library so I spent a lot of money for that.

6. alilisa

alilisa Habitué

Jul 21, 2008

I got one of the "free" fridges from Scholastic and love it! I have had mine for 8 years now and it still works! I also got the microwave at the same time and it is still working too!! :)

7. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Jul 21, 2008

I don't know about the Scholastic fridge, but I got mine from a college student who was moving out of the dorms. I paid $25, a bargain if you ask me.

8. 5thgradeTNteach

5thgradeTNteach Rookie

Jul 21, 2008

I got one and LOVE it! It's the perfect size for my cokes, water, and I even keep my personal kids drinks in there for an after school snack. It is defiantly worth the points!!

:)

9. ahsila

ahsila Companion

Jul 21, 2008

I went to the scholastic site and was just thinking about getting the microwave too (I have just enough points for both).

Thank you all so much for your help. I think my first big splurge with my points will be the fridge.