Scholastic Book Lists

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Teaching Grace, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Teaching Grace

Teaching Grace Connoisseur

Jul 31, 2009

I have a question. I'm planning on using my Scholastic Class Website to share what books I like from our monthly book order. However I can't make it work! Has anyone else made a book list? It tells me that I have to add a website, URL, or picture but once I do it tells me that either I have exceeded my memory storage or that the site is down. Has anyone done this successfully? I was really hoping to use this site just for this purpose, otherwise I'll cancel it because it's useless to me. Thanks!:help:

3. Teaching Grace

Jul 31, 2009

Wow am I silly? I just realized it was optional to add an attachment of any sort. I feel kind of silly now. Anyways, if you would like to steal err... borrow my idea (now that I have the kinks worked out!):

On my website I have a special tab for Scholastic Book Orders, this is where I explain how important reading, books are as well as how the orders help our classroom. I have a link and explanation for how to order online. I then have a second link to my Scholastic homepage. I will be using it only to announce due dates for ordering, recommendations for each order sheet, and I'll change it monthly.

4. BethMI

BethMI Cohort

Aug 1, 2009

I just staple a cover letter to the book orders when I send them. I write down my suggested books with the levels and add my userid and password so parents can order online if they wish. I know it's using more paper, but...I guess I could send it as a parent-group e-mail instead.

5. Teaching Grace

Aug 1, 2009

A group e-mail is a good idea. I use it for our newsletter announcement. At our school we have been told to reduce the number of papers that we send home. So our school wide newsletter as well as our class newsletters are posted on the websites or sent out via an e-mail.