Scholastic Book Clubs

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by tina007, Mar 20, 2006.

1. tina007

tina007 Rookie

Mar 20, 2006

The past two months I've placed my Scholastic orders online. Both of these orders have been "lost" in the system even though they sent me a confirmation number email. This happened to another teacher at my school as well. Has anyone else been having problems placing orders?:)

3. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Mar 20, 2006

We have been getting our orders, but we don't do it online. The teacher who does them just mails them in and sends a check along with the order. So far so good.

4. Minerva

Minerva Companion

Mar 20, 2006

I have been ordering my Scholastic Books on line since September. I have had no problems and the books arrive so much faster than when I mailed my orders.:)

5. TeacherC

TeacherC Connoisseur

Mar 20, 2006

I always place my order online, and have never had problems...except for a name mix up, but I still got my books. Maybe you should try calling them?

6. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Mar 20, 2006

I have placed my orders online since they started offering it and never had a problem with it. Their customer service is usually really quick and friendly, what do they have to say about it since you have the confirmation email?

7. Rosieo

Rosieo Enthusiast

Mar 20, 2006

I have been doing my online since they started offering it. No problems at all.

8. love2teach

love2teach Enthusiast

Mar 20, 2006

I was doing it on line for a while...but now I find it easier to call...it never takes more than a few min and they are always a pleasure to speak to!!

9. tina007

tina007 Rookie

Mar 21, 2006

The first time it happened they said it was just lost in the system. The second time they couldn't find anything about it. Someone in Customer Service said a message about my problems would be sent to New York and they wanted a call back number. No one called me. I finally sent two different emails and got and email response to submit the order again. When I called and they entered my number her computer froze! I just don't know what's going on, but she took my order on the phone. I guess I'm going to phone order for the rest of this year and see how next year goes.

10. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Virtuoso

Mar 21, 2006

I used it twice last year, and once they kept billing me for payment even though I had paid by credit card. The second time they said they didn't have an order from me, although I had the confirmation number AND the credit card information to prove I did. I also had a problem last year with a mailed order. I haven't ordered at all this year.

11. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

Mar 21, 2006

I always do mine online. I have more trouble with them over the phone to be honest. I haven't had an issue with them online ever. How do you know they were lost? Did someone call their customer service? When you first sign up it also takes a little longer to get your first couple orders.

If the order is lost, they are usually really good about taking care of their customers and will probably resend them out along with a couple free books.

12. kburen

kburen Cohort

Mar 21, 2006

I've done all but one of my orders this year online. No problems so far :) I love it!

13. tina007

tina007 Rookie

Mar 22, 2006

They never really said how they lost them. What really frustrated me was that I had a confirmation number, but NO order in the system. I don't know how that could happen. I certainly thought that they'd be nice and send something free the first time or maybe even do special shipping but they didn't do that. Now that it's happened again I don't know what they might do. So far the order is in my order history,but they didn't do special shipping. It's not due for almost 2 weeks. I do love the online ordering because I can do it from home at night when I have the time. I guess I'm going back to the phone order so I can get them a little faster.

14. TeacherC

TeacherC Connoisseur

Mar 22, 2006

I was actually talking to another teacher yesterday, and she said that she keeps getting books sent to her that she never ordered. She calls them and they say not to worry about it, just keep the books. LOL, maybe she is getting all the lost orders!

15. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Mar 22, 2006

They keep saying I owe them eight dollars. I make copies of the checks that I send in (with banking info covered up so that is not on the copy since I keep that in my files at school until the order shows up) and every one of my orders adds up perfectly. I ended up just paying the eight dollars to get rid of the nasty little note they were sending, but next time I'm not going to do that.