Scholastic Book Club

Discussion in 'General Education' started by allisonbeth, Aug 4, 2008.

1. allisonbeth

allisonbeth Comrade

Aug 4, 2008

Any great tips for getting the most bonus points out of Scholastic? I see they are giving extra points for allowing parents to order online. Anything else?

3. little317

little317 Groupie

Aug 4, 2008

Sometimes I will buy some books myself so that the order comes to at least $20. I also encourage the parents to at least buy the cheap $1 books. It all adds up! I have also heard from other teachers that if you pair up with other teachers and make a huge order, you can actually earn more points because the more the kids spend, the better bonus point deals you can get.

4. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Aug 4, 2008

I'm so glad you posted this. I've been trying to set up our online account, but the webpage has been down.

Some of the coupons work over and over on the same order-just keep typing them in and trying to use them. It will tell you if you can't. If you can, it will let you enter it over and over. This works for some free book coupons! Also, keep all your coupons, and keep trying them the next month, too. Sometimes they work even after they say they expire. Basically, just keep entering your coupons until it says you can't anymore.

5. Lindzee82

Lindzee82 Companion

Aug 5, 2008

Wow, that's good to know, Jem. I have never ordered from Scholastic Online. I always just send the orders in with the coupons. I believe that I am losing my amazing ed tech this year, who did all that stuff for me last year. So I will probably start doing the online ordering. Do you have the parents make their checks out to you personally, or do you just mail the checks in?

6. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Aug 5, 2008

I mail the checks in. I write a personal check for any cash, although I try to just do checks. I'm going to online ordering for parents this year, so I hope that becomes a hot trend in my classroom. We'll see!

7. TeacherC

TeacherC Connoisseur

Aug 5, 2008

Jem- I never even thought to try coupons after they expire! Thanks for the tip!
    I always enter my orders online, and I send in a personal check for any cash I get. I haven't used the parent ordering online, but I am considering it for this year...although I think my parents are more likely to order ontime if they have to hand something to me!

8. Andrea L

Andrea L Habitué

Aug 5, 2008

In September they offer great deals for the rest of the school year by giving coupons for $10 in free books each month. Unfortunately, they don't tend to offer that any other month so it is important to purchase from them even if you didn't get many orders from your students. They also give out free books and lots of extra points during the month of September. I love the back to school book orders!

9. emmakate218

emmakate218 Connoisseur

Aug 5, 2008

Jem, you mentioned that the website was down. Do you get an error message when you attempt to log-in? I got an error message this morning and I'm wondering the website is still down??

10. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Aug 5, 2008

I sent them an e-mail asking them to check my account. I'm not sure what's going on. Maybe it IS still down-good to hear I'm not the only one having problems, but I wish NONE of us were having problems!!

11. bballlady

bballlady Rookie

Aug 5, 2008

I don't do the online ordering because not all of my parents have access to a computer so I don't want to jeopardize myself with losing points. Last Sept. I had an order over $200 and Scholastic gave an extra 5000 points because of it. I hope they do it again this year.

12. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Aug 5, 2008

You can do both, bballlady! I'm going to send home hard copies (as those are more fun to look at), but I'll also have the online option available.

13. emmakate218

emmakate218 Connoisseur

Aug 5, 2008

I tried about twenty minutes ago and I was able to log-in and see everything on my account. When I first logged-in, the "Oops" error message popped up, but then I clicked on another link that was linked to my account and the ordering website finally came up. I think it's a glitch in their log-in system.

14. bballlady

bballlady Rookie

Aug 5, 2008

Just read that if you place a Sept. order for Click and it totals over $200 you get 6,000 bonus points! If I don't make $200 in my class I may try and get together with my 2 colleagues to make the $200 and then split the points. PC86322 is a coupon code for an extra 250 points on your Sept. Click if you need it.

15. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Aug 5, 2008

I love how they have the reading levels and parent newsletters. I have a section in my communication binder for book orders, so I'm going to put those in there, along with a note about their child's reading level (I'm going to do DRA's at the beginning of the year, and keep track).

16. ACaringHart

ACaringHart Rookie

Sep 1, 2008

Scholastic Codes for September....enjoy!

pc80440 - 100 bonus points with an order of $20 of more on ANY September order. (I used it on 5 different catalougs)

pc80390 - 100 bonus points, same description as the first one.

PC70045 - free book $2.95 or less when you spend $20 or more on ANY September book order

PC72033 free book $3.95 or less when you spend $20 or more on ANY September book order

pc61895 - 50 bonus points on ANY September book order

I just used ALL of these and they worked.

For future reference...i received all these codes from www(dot)retailmenot(dot)com

It's a GREAT resource for so many things :)

17. buck8teacher

buck8teacher Devotee

Sep 1, 2008

We just started a few days ago, but I can't wait to send mine home next week! I LOVE book orders, sometimes a little to much. :)

18. Lindzee82

Lindzee82 Companion

Sep 1, 2008

I can't believe they let you use all of those codes! That is awesome!

19. Beezus

Beezus Cohort

Sep 1, 2008

RATS!! I just did my order yesterday! :(Oh well-- I'll remember to check that website before I send in my Oct. order.

20. MsMaggs

MsMaggs Comrade

Sep 1, 2008

Woohoo!!! Thanks so much for sharing! I'm submitting my first book order of the year tomorrow!!!

21. ACaringHart

ACaringHart Rookie

Sep 1, 2008

Beezus. Call Scholastic, they will let you use the codes. I've called before and it wasn't a problem. At least try, the worst they can say is no. Let us know how it works out!

22. ACaringHart

ACaringHart Rookie

Sep 1, 2008

oh and here are a couple more I've received from e-mails....

PC 80358 - 60 bonus points for Lucky. Order must be placed by September 20.

Print out coupon here:

http://www.scholastic.com/ems/Book_Clubs/080808/images/luckybonus_rev.html
    PC 86348 - 50 extra bonus points for Click orders.

Print out coupon here: http://www.scholastic.com/ems/Scholastic_Media/080408/images/couponC.html

(hope it works) Scholastic usually isn't a stickler on sending in coupons...

Good luck everyone and YAY for bonus points!!

23. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Sep 2, 2008

oh and don't forget if you still have last May's coupon...you get another free book!

24. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Sep 2, 2008

I love parents ordering on line, it's worked wonderfully for me for 2 years now. Just be sure and print out your information and save it for when the books come in.

For those who prefer not to order on-line, I tell them to make their checks out to Scholastic.

25. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Sep 2, 2008

ok; now I have a question regarding those coupons; yes, I want to get all those bonus points!!! :) when I tally up my student orders - the ones who order from me and the ones who order online; how do I ORDER...online??? I have always (w/the exception of one fax order) ordered by telephone.
    HELP!

26. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Sep 2, 2008

I clicked on the coupon and need to know...what is CLICK interactive learning club??? I don't think I can use this coupon if I'm just ordering from Firefly...can I?? :confused:

27. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Sep 2, 2008

click is the one w/ the video games & computer games and such. You can call and ask for them to send you the catalogs too. I send them out sometimes.

28. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Sep 2, 2008

oooohhhhhh; thank you; I had no idea.

29. lovealwayz

lovealwayz Rookie

Sep 4, 2008

Thank you SOOOOOO much for sharing those codes. I really need to remember to check that website each month before I submit my order. I couldn't believe they let me use all of them, but they did!! AWESOME!!! Now I just need a $200 order from Arrow and Lucky :woot:

30. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Sep 4, 2008

Please help; I have never placed an order online. I am all set up with Sholastic and the parents can now order online etc...So, exactly "where do I go" to place the orders that come to me??? Thank you.

31. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Sep 4, 2008

You go to scholastic.com and on the right there is a box that says Scholastic Book Clubs, click on the link that says "Place a Club order". Enter your user name password there or create a new log-in. You need the codes off of the back of the catalogs to enter the orders. Then, click on the catalog at the top, then go to "order with dollars" and go down the menu to classroom titles. Next, you enter in how many of each book with the +/- signs next to each book and click on "save and continue ordering" at the bottom.

32. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Sep 4, 2008

Thank you so much, Tasha! :love:

I'm so excited...I have one online order and I just sent out the flyers yesterday! Yipee; I now get 500 bonus points
    !!!!

33. snickydog

snickydog Groupie

Sep 20, 2008

At the beginning of the year I got a calendar in the mail from Scholastic with extra coupon codes in it... I can't seem to find it now! Does anyone know what those are?

Thanks!:thanks:

34. thechangingtabl

thechangingtabl Companion

Oct 4, 2008

Can parents order from the November flyers right now? I completed my online order from the October flyer on 10-1-08 (some were online and others were checks sent in), changed my flyers to November and now it says my November flyers are not available for parents to order. On my class page, it says I disabled parent ordering??? HELP!

35. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Oct 4, 2008

I have no idea; but I love your avatar...the little monkey in diapers is so cute!

36. missalli

missalli Companion

Oct 20, 2008

Help!

I want to order from Scholastic online but I don't have an actual catalog. Does someone have a 6-digit code from a Gr 1-4 catalog that I could hijack?

37. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Oct 21, 2008

Hi there; can't help you with that as I order from the PreSchool Scholastic (Firefly); but you might want to call Scholastic and ask them for the codes; also, ask them to send you their catalogs - which is nice to have anyhow since you may encounter parents who want flyers and may not want to order online. You can add all orders to your final online order page.

38. TeacherC

TeacherC Connoisseur

Oct 21, 2008

I ran into this problem several times last year...without having the catalogue, if you have an order form, there is a letter/number code somewhere on it, I think it's at the bottom- it's a in a little white box- I hope this makes sense. Anyways, it is not the same code, it does let you access the ordering for the correct month..:whistle:

39. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Oct 21, 2008

November See Saw K-1 catalog S35100
    Holiday 08 k-6 catalog H2S100
    That should get you started! Once you get into the system it will let you choose other catalogs that you want to hand out and mail them to you in the future (many, many of them :rolleyes:)

40. beckywithasmile

beckywithasmile Rookie

Nov 19, 2008

If you click help (upper right corner) and then click on Placing Orders online (under browse by topic). The first option it gives you is "forgot catalog number." If you click on that it will give you the "brick" of catalog numbers.

41. kellerbelle

kellerbelle Rookie

Dec 3, 2008

Honeybee = B
    Firefly = N
    SeeSaw = S
    Lucky = L
    Arrow = A
    Tab = T

September = 10600
    October = 20600
    November = 30600
    December = 40600

So a December Firefly catalog number would be N40600.

OR

- Go to the online ordering home page
    - Click on the name of the catalog you wish to order from. For example click on Firefly.
    - This will give you links to the months available for ordering.
    - Click on one of the catalog links it will open the catalog in Adobe Reader for you to view.
    - Go to the last page where the order form is, go to the bottom of the form and there you will find the catalog number.