SBEC

Discussion in 'Multiple Subject Tests' started by janney, May 9, 2009.

1. janney

janney Cohort

May 9, 2009

Does anyone know how long it takes for your TEXES scores to transfer from the ETS website to the SBEC website?

3. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

May 9, 2009

Mine were immediate but that was in 2007. I took my test on the computer on a Saturday and I know the scores were on SBEC the very next week. This was true with both the EC-4 Content and the PPR.

4. janney

janney Cohort

May 9, 2009

Lemonhead, thanks for the quick reply! My score has been on the ETS website for about 3 days, and I am pretty impatient to get this over with and get my Texas certification. It was a lot easier in Iowa.

5. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

May 9, 2009

Well okay, I am thinking harder now. I know I could see the results on the ETS website at around noon on Monday. And then it was that same week they showed up at SBEC. Is it letting you do the fingerprinting sign up?

6. janney

janney Cohort

May 9, 2009

Well, I already have my 1 year temporary cert. for Texas, I just need to apply for my official 5 year cert. I have all my fingerprinting and everything finished and my PPR scores are there, I just have to wait for my Generalist score to transfer so I can pay my $77 and get my Texas cert. I'm cutting my June 5 deadline to keep my position pretty close. As long as it's not more than 2 weeks, I'll be good. Thanks!!

7. janney

janney Cohort

May 13, 2009

For anyone who may stumble upon this thread looking for the same answer, it took 4 business days for my scores to transfer.

8. frogger

frogger Devotee

May 16, 2009

Are you already living in Texas or did you go there to take the tests so you can be certified?

I am certified in 2 others states however I have family in Texas and they want me and so do I want to be closer to them. I went through SBEC and have them review my credentials and I know which TEXES tests to take however I am in another state teaching.

I am just wondering if it will hurt my chances of getting hired there if I'm not licensed yet even though the SBEC makes it seem like the 1 year certificate is acceptable.

9. janney

janney Cohort

May 16, 2009

Yes, I have lived in Texas for just over a year. I came here to student teach and got a job at the same school. I received my 1 year certificate and got my job with that. I don't think you would have a problem getting a job with the one year certificate. If I remember correctly, I couldn't sign up to take my tests until I had a contract. That could be false so don't take my word on it, the past year has been a blur for me. :p

10. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

May 16, 2009

It shouldn't at all. In the last 3 years, we got one from Nevada, Oklahoma, and two from Lousiana. So that is 4 out of about 14 hires. Good odds if you ask me.