Say It Ain't So!

Discussion in 'General Education' started by PinkCupcake, Jun 4, 2014.

1. PinkCupcake

PinkCupcake Cohort

Jun 4, 2014

I left school a little early today to participate in a teacher focus group; very interesting! Anyway, after it was done I decided to wait for traffic to die down while I browsed through Lakeshore. There wasn't much I felt like I had to have, but I did pick up some bb letters. When I checked out the cashier gave me an early back to school catalog. Back to school??? :eek: I joked around with her and said, "What already?"
    I couldn't believe it! My goodness I'm just trying to make it until the last day Friday. At least I got a free tote bag for signing up for text promotions/sales.

3. Go Blue!

Go Blue! Connoisseur

Jun 4, 2014

The last few weeks, my Admin have been talking all about next year: putting plans into place, making decisions, ordering curriuclum, moving classrooms, etc. It gives a migraine like no other to think about next year when we are struggling to finish this one.

4. dgpiaffeteach

dgpiaffeteach Aficionado

Jun 5, 2014

I spent the last few weeks this year seriously thinking about next year. Now that school is out I'm ready to jump into planning for next year!

5. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Jun 5, 2014

If it makes you feel better, I'm already planning my spring 2015 schedule...

6. PinkCupcake

PinkCupcake Cohort

Jun 5, 2014

Oh my... I need at least a few weeks of carefree this summer then I can jump forward and begin planning!

7. Jerseygirlteach

Jerseygirlteach Groupie

Jun 5, 2014

I still have 2 1/2 more weeks of this school year to worry about! But, I confess, I've been thinking a lot about next school year already. That doesn't mean I'm not greedily looking forward to a nice, long summer break. :)

8. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Jun 5, 2014

I spent part of my morning entering next year's calendar into my Outlook calendar. That being said, I need at least a couple of weeks to be a student, not a teacher.

9. PinkCupcake

PinkCupcake Cohort

Jun 5, 2014

Around mid July is when I start my plotting and planning for next year.

10. DrivingPigeon

DrivingPigeon Phenom

Jun 5, 2014

Having worked in a teacher store, that sounds about right. ;)

We would get new products beginning in February. I actually stopped into the store tonight, and the new product room is already open.

11. yellowdaisies

yellowdaisies Fanatic

Jun 5, 2014

I can't deal with this. :dizzy: We still have 16 days left!!

12. Peregrin5

Peregrin5 Maven

Jun 5, 2014

I'm thinking just about what I'm going to do next week, much less next year. o_O;

I think I need to not think about school for a while.

13. BioAngel

BioAngel Science Teacher - Grades 3-6

Jun 6, 2014

Wednesday was our last day with our students- it's really just a party day- and yesterday our 6th graders graduated. Yesterday and today I'll spend all day at school finishing up grading assignments and inputting data into my online gradebook. I'll probably will still be working on that over the weekend too (gotta love teaching 8 classes).

Monday & Tuesday we actually start working on stuff for next year- my P gave us a checklist to go through that we have to turn in by Tuesday, we'll be looking at our new school site, and working on curriculum maps, etc.

Come Wednesday I'll finally be able to start thinking about next year :) My school gave me a study grant for over the summer to be able to update the science curriculum for 3rd and 4th grade and I'll have access to my classroom to do it- so I'm really excited.

After that, though, I am looking forward to some ME time :) (So no- I refuse to do "Back to School" just yet. I wait until mid-August to start worrying about such things :) )

14. PinkCupcake

PinkCupcake Cohort

Jun 6, 2014

I completely agree. By the time school is out we need the mental break! My mental break started today, woohoo!!

15. iteachbx

iteachbx Enthusiast

Jun 8, 2014

I still have fourteen teaching days left! I usually get back to school stuff in the mail less than a week after we end. Takes the fun out of the beginning of summer!