Saw classrooms today!

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by 4815162342, Jun 2, 2014.

1. 4815162342

4815162342 Companion

Jun 2, 2014

So, I had to go in to my future new school to finish up paperwork and I got a view of the classrooms, now that the kiddos are out.
    I'm pretty excited!! I can't wait to go set it up and make it "mine".

I'm pretty lost on what to really start shopping for, but I am thankful it had plenty of shelves and storage areas, so I won't have to get much furniture wise.

I was also told that there will be three kinder classes, one returning teacher and two newbies, so I'm also happy I won't be the only new one. Hopefully we can help each other out as we go along. AND I learned each class has an aide (who was there last year, so will be able to kinda know how things go). Now, I just hope I get an aide who is cool and not lame ;)

3. yellowdaisies

yellowdaisies Fanatic

Jun 2, 2014

That's so exciting! :) I will see my new classroom in two weeks when I am in my new area for a training at my new school. I can't wait!

It is VERY nice not to be the only new one, and it's also great that you have someone with experience on the team!

4. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Connoisseur

Jun 2, 2014

I saw my new classroom today too! I am moving schools within the district. Getting back into a grade level I LOVE!!!! (not kinder sorry) Anyway I will have to downsize a little I think. They don't have as much storage space. It will be ok though!

5. TnKinder

TnKinder Companion

Jun 2, 2014

Congradulations!! I would suggest that you wait until you know what the school provides before you start shopping. Different schools provide different things, so I would check with the P or with the veteran teacher on your team before buying.

Now that you have seen the room and furniture you can start planning the layout. Scholastics has a great site that lets you do that.
    Good luck. Teaching K is awesome.

6. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jun 3, 2014

How exciting!!! I agree to hold off on shopping for too much because you don't know what the school may provide you.

7. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Jun 3, 2014

That's exciting! I'm moving to a new (much bigger) room and am excited about what I'll be able to do.