Saturday

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by dizzykates, Nov 21, 2009.

1. dizzykates

dizzykates Habitué

Nov 21, 2009

So we've all talked about what we do on Friday night. What do you do on Saturday night? I ask because sometimes I really feel like we do nothing. Problem is, I don't mind. :lol:

For example, we invited friends to watch a movie tonight, but it's cold and they don't want to go out. Can't say I blame them. We'll watch the movie anyway and eat popcorn.

However, there has been no social interaction for us all weekend, other than with each other. Again, I don't mind, but I wonder sometimes if it's ok. That's not to say my DH and I are together the entire time though. Today we worked on separate things at a coffee shop together this morning, he did homework and I did some chores, we did a short grocery trip together and then I made lunch while he did more homework. Tonight he went for a bike ride and I went to the library and bakery. Now we are sitting on the couch while he does homework and I surf the internet. In a bit, we'll watch that movie I got.

That is Saturday. How about you?

3. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Nov 21, 2009

It's not a problem if you don't mind. :)

We rarely do any socializing, and if we do it's with the same two friends doing the same old thing...and it gets as exciting as going to Taco Bell at two in the morning. :p

4. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Nov 21, 2009

Every other Saturday one of my sisters takes one of my kids overnight. I usually try to do something special with the other two. Tonight we're eating garlic and herb pub cheese on crackers, hot chocolate, and watching "Annie".

5. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Nov 21, 2009

Generally I'm not home many weekends.

I've been going to check on my mom and dad every other week, it's a two hour drive so we usually spend the night there. Mom and I are working on a big puzzle, it may take a year to finish it. I'm up and down with them during the night so I'm not getting any rest at all. I wouldn't have it any other way. One other weekend of the month we try to go see my son and his family four hours away. The one weekend we're home in a month my daughter and her family will come and stay with us. I'd like some time at home, I'm really a home body.

6. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

Nov 21, 2009

First Wife and I would go to bed early Friday night and leave early Sat so we could take a "2 day trip" on Sat and Sun.

7. dizzykates

dizzykates Habitué

Nov 21, 2009

What do second wife and you do? ;)

8. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Nov 21, 2009

Sometimes, like tonight, we eat out with friends. Sometimes we hang out in the garage with friends. Now we're just watching college football....and that is okay with me.

9. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

Nov 21, 2009

Made kids

10. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Nov 21, 2009

The kids and I are home alone. Peter is photographing a fundraiser dinner for a local high school, then tomorrow afternoon he's taking pictures for the local Catholic paper.

So I'm alternating between here and reading a book.

11. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

Nov 21, 2009

don't ask what third wife and I did
    :lol: :lol:

12. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Nov 21, 2009

We usually just hang out as well. Today was beautiful so we were outside all day. Hubby made a bonfire & hotdogs for lunch. We usually have a fun dinner...snacky finger food stuff. Sometimes we do a movie night. Tonite some games. After lil ones in bed we usually watch a movie!!!

13. rachaelski

rachaelski Habitué

Nov 21, 2009

We went to breakfast and then to the grocery store. He was working on computer stuff and I made homemade pierogis. The hubs gave me a backrub, since I was bent over potatoes and dough for 4 hours. Soon, we will watch the X-Files (we are on season 2, disk 4) and then go to bed. I am a 27 year old homebody and I love it!

14. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Nov 21, 2009

Most of the time I just hang around the house on Saturdays and catch up on housework or yard work. DH has been deer hunting, so I haven't seen him for two weeks.

Tonight my mom and I went to church for a thanksgiving meal.

15. cityfrog6

cityfrog6 Comrade

Nov 21, 2009

I spent the afternoon with a friend shopping and at a tea party for our students and hubby spent all day working on some work and his bike. Now we're sitting on the couch catching up on the DVR. I love being a homebody too!

16. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Nov 21, 2009

We can be all over the place. Today we went out to lunch to celebrate buying the house, got some coffee and walked home, and have pretty much vegged, cleaned, whatever. Roomie is going out now, so alone time! yay!!! ;)

17. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Nov 21, 2009

We spent the morning at Taekwando testing, lunch out, and now a college football game on TV. That is pretty exciting for us. We usually do nothing but work around the house.

18. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Nov 22, 2009

On Sats, my BF & I usually go out for a few hrs around town during the day, then come back home & stay in for the rest of the night.

Certain mornings, I may have walked my dog at my outdoor shopping mall.