San Francisco Unified needs teachers

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by mathteachertobe, Jul 16, 2015.

1. mathteachertobe

mathteachertobe Cohort

Jul 16, 2015

There are almost 100 openings for classroom teachers. Highest need areas are for BCLAD, SpEd, Math, and Science, but there are quite a few other jobs posted. The application is pretty laborious, but once it is approved you can easily express interest in additional jobs that show up. The district website is www.sfusd.edu and job listings are updated daily, though it seems to take a few days for filled positions to disappear. SFUSD teaching jobs are sometimes listed on EdJoin, but cannot be applied for there.

3. misswteaches

misswteaches Companion

Jul 16, 2015

Good to know! Is this level of openness pretty typical for the SF area? I would love to live there someday (but not for a few years...)

4. mathteachertobe

mathteachertobe Cohort

Jul 17, 2015

There seem to be more openings generally than previously. I haven't heard of any pink slips being issued recently in the region. There are reports that enrollment in credential programs in the state have dropped by around 50% in the last 5 years, so I do think the outlook for getting hired is pretty promising. Being able to make ends meet on a teacher's salary is the real concern