Sample Lesson

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by caliteach78, Jun 6, 2008.

1. caliteach78

caliteach78 Rookie

Jun 6, 2008

:)
    After my interviewyesterday the school asked me to come back and teach a 5th grade lesson. I had explained that I'm a History Major and I love history. She said that was great, but was asking more about about my other subject areas and what my class would look like. So, I guess my questions is, what subject is a good sample lesson? I can always nail a history lesson, but I think if I do History she'll think that's all I know! If not, does anyone have a good suggestion for a good sample lesson? At least which one is the easiest to teach to a new set of students you've never met
    THANK YOU!!!

3. jw13

jw13 Groupie

Jun 6, 2008

caliteach78, I would suggest a reading/LA lesson. Maybe you could incorporate your passion for history through a piece of literature you choose for the lesson. I am not familiar with the 5th grade curriculum, someone else might be of more help in the specifics. But, I think that's where you should start.

GOOD LUCK!!!

4. brandi0718

brandi0718 Comrade

Jun 6, 2008

I think Reading/LA would be a good one because there are lots of activites that you can come up with to go along with it.

5. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jun 6, 2008

jw13 made a great suggestion. By incorporating history into the Reading/LA lesson, you are also showing them that you can integrate across the curriculum. Maybe you could do a lesson on main idea and supporting details or comparing/contrasting two types of text.

6. caliteach78

caliteach78 Rookie

Jun 6, 2008

Thanks! Great Ideas!

7. nayelismom

nayelismom Rookie

Jun 6, 2008

I would suggest a math/science lesson since these are areas that are considered high needs areas. Maybe if you give a great lesson in these areas, it would impress them...