Same Job Back Open

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by chasisaac, Jul 14, 2012.

1. chasisaac

chasisaac Comrade

Jul 14, 2012

The short answer is apply: it will hurt nothing.

I interviewed at a school a couple of weeks ago for a MS Math position. They were interviewing five people for two jobs. I did not get hired. :(

The job just came open again. Should I apply again? I mean will I be considered or just passed over and move on?

I would think they would come back and ask if I wanted the job, even though I was turned down.

Opinions please.

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 14, 2012

Seems that they weren't satisfied with the pool of candidates they had and are 'recasting their nets'. If you already interviewed, you could send a note or email stating you wish to still be under consideration but you should continue applying elsewhere.:2cents:

4. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Jul 14, 2012

I would spend some time adding or editing your cover letter and resume a bit. Then I would reapply. I would also email the principal to let him/her know that you reapplied for the job.

5. Rainbowbird

Rainbowbird Groupie

Jul 14, 2012

I would do what Mopar said. A friend of mine applied for a job and didn't get an interview. She knew through the grapevine that they were doing interviews. Two months later they opened up the search again and she was called! She made it to the second round, but they ended up going with someone else.

6. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Jul 14, 2012

Agreed. It can't hurt :) The worst that can happen is you don't get a call.

7. TeachTN

TeachTN Comrade

Jul 14, 2012

Are you sure they aren't adding yet another position? I've known schools that reposted because they needed another, but the position comes up as a "reposting" simply because the principal doesn't want to go through the motions to create the position from scratch online - at least in the software my county uses. Maybe one of the other candidates opted not to sign, so they are required to re-interview again.

I agree, go for the position, nothing bad will come of it for you. Good luck!!!

8. AlwaysAttend

AlwaysAttend Fanatic

Jul 14, 2012

I would recontact the principal and say I was still interested.

9. chasisaac

chasisaac Comrade

Jul 14, 2012

Thank you all.

I am going to email the principal.

I am not sure it is a reposting. It looks a little different so it may be a new job.

And of course I am going to reapply.

Again thanks.