Salary scale?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Newto3rd, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Newto3rd

Newto3rd Companion

Feb 6, 2010

Where would I find salary scales for different jobs in my state? (TN) I'm sure that it's out there!! I just can't google the right phrase to find it. I can find all the teacher salaries that I want, but I'm also looking for other jobs such as speech and language therapists/pathologists, counselors, etc. I'm looking to further my education and would love to know the best route to go for the pay.
    :thanks:

3. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Feb 6, 2010

Sometimes you can go to a school district website and they list the salary scales for those jobs you mentioned under the category of professional (teachers would be instructional category).

4. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Feb 6, 2010

I usually just go to different school district websites and look under human resources. You could also email someone from human resources and see if they could direct you to the right information.

5. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Feb 6, 2010

NJEA (our state union) has some info on districts in states...maybe your state union would too? Otherwise some districts sometimes post them.

6. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Feb 6, 2010

In my district, there are 3 saalary schedules... teachers, TA's, and administration. So our SLP's, etc. are on the same salary schedule as the teachers.

I know that doesn't happen everywhere, though.