Salary Question...

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by 36912, Mar 30, 2017.

1. 36912

36912 Rookie

Mar 30, 2017

I'm a coordinator at a public school and have been pink slipped. I have a feeling I will be laid off because the budget for next year looks really bad =( I've been applying for other jobs within a few hours away from where I currently reside. I received an email for the first of three interviews (this is at a charter school in the middle of nowhere). I have searched online and cannot find their salary schedule (again this is a charter school so it isn't a school district). What's a polite way of saying can I please view the salary schedule? I've thought about using an old email address and say that I'm interested in XXXXXXX job but I need to know the salary schedule. I haven't worked at a charter school in years but it seems like many expect you to work significantly longer hours ("volunteered" hours) than a traditional public school for less pay. Thanks

3. vickilyn

vickilyn Multitudinous

Mar 31, 2017

Nothing has changed.

4. ktmiller222

ktmiller222 Cohort

Mar 31, 2017

Is it private or public charter? Around where I live, they both pay less and you work maybe 1 extra hour a day plus additional 3 weeks during the summer. But the public charter pays a little more than the private charter schools. I hear really good things about the private ones (they can basically do what they want) but I've heard horror stories of the public ones (lots of turnovers). I don't think it's a good thing to ask what the salary is no matter where you look. It looks like you are just after money. Good luck.