Safari themed desk tags

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by m1ckeymouse, Aug 8, 2005.

1. m1ckeymouse

m1ckeymouse Rookie

Aug 8, 2005

Help! Does anyone know where I can find safari themed desk tags? I searched the internet for printable ones, but couldn't find any. Normally I'd create my own, but I'm due to have a baby any day and am hurrying to get my classroom ready for a sub. I am doing a 2nd grade learning safari theme.
    Thanks,
    Shelley

3. TeachGrd1

TeachGrd1 Rookie

Aug 11, 2005

I have seen the ones with the rainforest theme at the dollar store near my house on multiple occasions. The store is called "Dollar Tree". I'm not sure if you have one near you or not. There is a girl in my building doing the rainforest/ animal safari theme and her room is adorable. She has a giant cardboard rhino and elephant. The kids are set up in pods and hanging above the pods are those cute animal plates at Wal Mart. Each group/plate has a theme, like Tuesday Tigers ( the plate hanging above is the shape of a tiger head). It worked well and there is a lot available for the theme. I wish I had the energy to do a theme this year. I'm so exhausted from just getting the room cleaned out and putting my stuff in. Maybe I'll do a theme next year! Good Luck!

4. ABall

ABall Fanatic

Aug 12, 2005

Oriental trading co. has lots of jungle and animal print things. Maybe they have something that could work for you. I saw some animal print foam, I thougth you could cut and put names on them with permant marker. Some place like a craft store might have them.

Congratulations on the baby!

5. Andrea L

Andrea L Habitué

Aug 12, 2005

I have a safari themed nametag/desk plate that I made on word. I would be happy to send it to you and you could tweek it or do what you'd like with it. Let me know and I'll get it to you! :)

And congrats on your new addition!

6. TeacherRW

TeacherRW Cohort

Aug 12, 2005

I was looking all over for you but couldn't find anything. (I have two little ones so I know how hectic it is trying to get a classroom ready with an impending arrival.) I'm thinking that your best bet is going to be Microsoft... print 'em out, mount on cardstock and laminate. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.... good luck!

~*Robin*~

7. m1ckeymouse

m1ckeymouse Rookie

Aug 13, 2005

Thanks for all your suggestions. Time's getting close- doctor said it could be anytime now. I haven't even been allowed in my room yet because they were redoing floors and ceilings, so I'm not sure how I'll get my room ready. I'm going to try to get some helpers and get it done in one shot. Again thanks for all your suggestions and help.

8. ABall

ABall Fanatic

Aug 13, 2005

ready room

Can you talk with the sub that will be in your room and go over how you would like it set up? Could you give her diagrams of how you would like your bulletin boards, decorations and centers? I know you want to have things ready for her but if the sub is already assighned to your class then maybe she would be willing to help you out. Plus it might be a good experience for her to put together bulletin boards and stuff. You have a lot to worry about before the baby comes, that is what you need to consintrait on. You can always re arrange things when you get back to teaching a little at a time. Take any offers of help that you get. (especialy after the baby is born! and don't be afraid to ask for or assign helpers) Being a new mom will take a lot out of you, even if you are the most organized person in the world, a new born sure has a way of shaking things up a bit.

9. ABall

ABall Fanatic

Aug 13, 2005

ready room

Can you talk with the sub that will be in your room and go over how you would like it set up? Could you give her diagrams of how you would like your bulletin boards, decorations and centers? I know you want to have things ready for her but if the sub is already assighned to your class then maybe she would be willing to help you out. Plus it might be a good experience for her to put together bulletin boards and stuff. You have a lot to worry about before the baby comes, that is what you need to consintrait on. You can always re arrange things when you get back to teaching a little at a time. Take any offers of help that you get. (especialy after the baby is born! and don't be afraid to ask for or assign helpers) Being a new mom will take a lot out of you, even if you are the most organized person in the world, a new born sure has a way of shaking things up a bit.