Sad Early Childhood Education Student Teacher

Discussion in 'Multiple Subject Tests' started by Aspiringinstruc, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Aspiringinstruc

Aspiringinstruc Rookie

Nov 12, 2012

I graduate in December with a Bachelors of Science in Early Childhood Education. I have worked so hard and finally my day will come to graduate on December 8th from my University. The sad thing is, I haven't passed the GACE, which is the test that certifies me to teach in the state of Georgia. I have taken this test twice and still I have yet to pass it. I don't know what I'll do now. In order to get into graduate school I have to have passed the GACE so I can't do that and in order to teach I must have passed the GACE so I can't do that either...All I can do is Sub in schools until I pass the GACE this really sucks! :( Any advice?

Sad future graduate.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  3. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Nov 12, 2012

Which GACE?

4. Aspiringinstruc

Aspiringinstruc Rookie

Nov 12, 2012

Early Childhood Education

5. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Nov 12, 2012

Ah. That looks like a multiple-subject test. Let's move this thread to the Multiple Subject Tests subforum; most of the tests there are for elementary education rather than early childhood, but there's a lot of overlap between the two in the content that teachers are expected to know.

6. Aspiringinstruc

Aspiringinstruc Rookie

Nov 12, 2012

I'm confused why you moved my question...my question wasn't about the test...it was about advice on what to do as far as until i pass the test.....

7. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Nov 12, 2012

I think your focus needs to be on passing that test.

8. kiwi193

kiwi193 Rookie

Nov 13, 2012

I think Casesar is right. You need to focus on passing the test. The only other option I can think of is applying for a job at a private school that does not require certification.

9. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Nov 13, 2012

I moved the thread because your struggle to pass the test is the single biggest issue in your post; moving the thread brings you painlessly to a forum in which you can probably find help for the test content that's giving you grief.

The best advice I can give you is that, as things stand, passing GACE is what's likeliest to move you toward your goal of becoming a teacher.

10. sjnkate

sjnkate Rookie

Nov 20, 2012

Look online for a test prep book, then check with your college to see if there are any sort of test prep courses you can take. We have the GKT here in Florida. Many of my classmates failed the first and second time they took the test. I bought a GKT test prep book and studied it with a friend, then took a three day test prep course. The course covered some of the more challenging parts of the test and prepared us for the type of problems we would see on the test. My friend and I passed the first time we took the GKT thanks to the prep course and studying.