Ruby and the Rockits

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Echo, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Echo

Echo New Member

Jul 31, 2009

Has anyone been watching this show on ABC Family? It comes on Tuesdays at 8.30 and its a really good show. It stars David and Patrick Cassidy and their brother Shaun produces it. Its actually really funny and cute. Has anyone had a chance to catch it?

3. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Jul 31, 2009

I have and I absolutely love it!

oh and welcome to this site! :)

4. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 31, 2009

I haven't had the desire to watch this, but I've seen plenty of commercials when watching Secret Life of the American Teen & Make It or Break It.

5. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

Jul 31, 2009

I saw the first episode but I didn't like it. Too goofy maybe? I don't know. Just wasn't my thing I guess. Glad you have a new show to enjoy though :).

6. Echo

Echo New Member

Aug 3, 2009

Teacher Sandra, you loved it too?! I thought it was really good. The jokes were really good and had me laughing! MsI, I had seen the commercials for it and thought it was worth a shot. I am glad I gave it that because I really like it so far. One thing is for sure that David and Patrick are very funny together.

Oh yeah TeacherSandra thanks for the welcome although I am not really that new here but my post count is off a bit!

7. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 3, 2009

Well thanks for letting me know! What's the main storyline about? :)

8. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Aug 3, 2009

I think Cassidy lovers tend to be partial. :)
    The story line is quite interesting; it's loosely based on the Cassidy homelife.

Daughter (Alexa Vega) meets her dad (David Cassidy) after a long absence. Dad knows he can't raise a daughter while perfoming and living in a hotel, so he "drops" her off at his brother's home (Patrick Cassidy) where he and his family will raise Ruby. "Patrick" & "David" play brothers who in their early years were idols and they've not completely given that part of their old life up. Some music, craziness and family love play a big part.

9. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 4, 2009

Thanks TeacherSandra.

10. heymiss

heymiss Comrade

Aug 4, 2009

Oh, I love Make It or Break It! Also, 10 Things I Hate About You. I watch Secret Life, but I have a love/hate relationship with it. There are certain characters that I find so annoying I just fast forward through any parts they're in.

I watched (and liked) the pilot of Ruby & the Rockits but I forgot to set a TiVo season pass for it, so I haven't seen it since.

11. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 4, 2009

I like the show, but I know what you mean about certain characters. I don't like the younger sister of the main character. Is her name Ashley? Her personality's so dry & boring w/ sarcasm thrown in & I don't like that combination.

I also don't like the main character's dad. He's a sarcastic a-hole.

It's nice to see the actress Josie Bissett because Melrose Place is my all time favorite show & she played on that.

12. Echo

Echo New Member

Aug 4, 2009

Maybe Cassidy lover's are partial to the show but I can say this I was not really a Cassidy lover before this but they have pulled me in now. I saw them on GMA together before the show premiered and they were really funny together just like on the show. I am also addicted Make it or break it too! ABC Family has pulled me in and now I am hooked, LOL! Also Ruby comes on tonight! if you have not seen any episodes you can catch them on ABCFamily.com!