Royal Pains

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Echo, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Echo

Echo New Member

Apr 24, 2009

Does anyone else here watch USA network? I love Psych and Burn Notice, they are two of my favorite shows on television right now. I was watching the In Plain Sight I had recorded and I saw a promo for a new show coming out on that network called Royal Pains that looks really good! The promo is up on the USA Network web site, if you are a fan of the network you should check it out... characters welcome! :wub:

3. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Apr 24, 2009

I am addicted to USA. When Law and Order comes on each day 1, I'm hooked until about 10 at night. I always have the tv going in the background while I work (being at home alone is very lonely), and the drama is quite soothing. It's Law and Order for about 3-4 hours, then NCIS for three hours, then House for an hour or two, and then any other shows they want to put on.

I sound pathetic, but I don't pay attention too much to the plot. It's just comforting to have familiar faces in the house with me...

And I like Burn Notice, too. I didn't at first, but it grew on me. I think dh looks like Michael.

4. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Apr 24, 2009

I actually don't watch any shows on that particular channel, but I'm always willing to check out & try watching new shows!

5. dizzykates

dizzykates Habitué

Apr 24, 2009

I loved In Plain Sight, but I could never find it on. My DVR never picked it up to record. Now we don't have cable so I won't be watching it anyway.

6. becky

becky Enthusiast

Apr 24, 2009

Is this the channel Saving Grace comes on? Man- I sat through Saving Grace one night and fell over at the swear words and phrases she was allowed to use! I watch very little tv, and I'm shocked at what's allowed to be said!

7. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Apr 24, 2009

I do NOT care for Saving Grace.

8. Major

Major Connoisseur

Apr 24, 2009

Law and Order is a great show..... and probably too long ago for most of you.... Hill Steet Blues was one I never missed...

9. becky

becky Enthusiast

Apr 24, 2009

Do you mean the original L&O, Major? The original is the best, if you ask me. My only complaint is they let it get gruesome as the years went on.

10. Major

Major Connoisseur

Apr 24, 2009

I definitely prefer the early years Becky.......:):)

I prefer the early years on about every thing........:lol::lol:

11. Iowa_Teacher

Iowa_Teacher Rookie

Apr 24, 2009

I LOVE Psych and Burn Notice. I'm also a big fan of Bones. Anything that mixes humor into the plot is good with me. I think it's that they have more substance than the typical sitcom and they're also funny. I pretty much can't stand reality TV, so anything other than that is good!

12. Echo

Echo New Member

Apr 27, 2009

No, I looked it up and Saving Grace comes on TNT, not USA... I've never seen it.

Iowa_Teacher -- I am so with you on that! I am all about the scripted shows over reality TV... part of why I like USA so much. :) I'm a big L&O fan too, so that's the channel I go to basically when I don't know what's on, and need good TV.

I like Bones but I don't like the characters as much as I would want, so I'm always after character driven shows... why I'm excited about Royal Pains. It looks like it's really full of characters.

13. Echo

Echo New Member

May 8, 2009

Does anyone know the actor Paulo Costanzo? He was in Joey, the Friends spinoff, but I didn't watch enough of the show to remember him. I love his character (the goofy sidekick/maybe friend or brother) in the promos.