routines for the first day/couple of weeks in EC sp ed

Discussion in 'Special Education Archives' started by tx ppcd, Jul 25, 2005.

1. tx ppcd

tx ppcd Rookie

Jul 25, 2005

This is my sixth year doing EC sp ed. Every year I try do better and try new things. I was wondering how anyone does the first day as far as centers? Do you keep the kids in whole group that first day or week and gradually open centers? Or do you go ahead and allow centers that first day since that will be a part of the routine anyway? Just asking for ideas...I use centers in my classroom and I just wanted to know how other EC sped teachers do with them the first day and couple of weeks!! Thanks!

3. liz

liz Rookie

Jul 27, 2005

I like to start the schedule the first day. You can modify the center time by "teaching" one center a day. What is EC?

4. tx ppcd

tx ppcd Rookie

Jul 27, 2005

Thanks...EC is early childhood.

5. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Jul 28, 2005

I was wondering along the same lines... my new ECSE class is mostly kids with Autism, and it's very schedule-based and TEACCH-based... self-contained full-day program, although several of the kids are only in my room part-time or half-days... I was thinking to just start the schedules and stuff right away... is that a good idea?

6. Shannon1233

Shannon1233 New Member

Jul 29, 2005

Daily routine/schedule

Hi, I am a new intern for a special day class, 1-3 grade. My students should be at the mild/moderate level but I am not sure because I haven't been given their IEP's yet. I am not even sure who my students will be. I was wondering if anyone could give me an example of their daily routine or schedule. I plan on doing centers with my students and sticking to a structured routine. I will have one t.a. in the morning and one in the afternoon. I think I should have about 8 students. Any help or advice would be great. I was also wondering in anyone had examples of homework folders, etc. Thanks a bunch!!!!

:) :thanks: