Rosie on a roll

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by czacza, May 23, 2007.

1. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

May 23, 2007

I know we've vented about Rosie before and truthfully I'm at school when the View is on and don't TIVO it but saw clips of today's show on the web tonight. She is out of control. Whether or not you agree or disagree with her about her feelings about Iraq or th president or Chinese people or Danny DeVito whatever- she is just a rude obnoxious horrible person. Why anyone would put her on another show after this is beyond me. What a train wreck...

3. hanvan

hanvan Connoisseur

May 23, 2007

I heard something about her attacking poor elizabeth today right? I only work part time so I see it sometimes. She can be very rude (but sometimes funny)

4. GardenDove

GardenDove Habitué

May 23, 2007

She is very offensive and is a loud-mouth to the max. She epitomizes the 'Ugly American' with her uncouth manner and brash, opinionated rantings.

5. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

May 23, 2007

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!! She disgusts me!

6. GardenDove

GardenDove Habitué

May 23, 2007

If her show is on during the daytime, she has lots of similarly low-brow company. Daytime TV seems to truly be a wasteland.

7. AMK

AMK Aficionado

May 23, 2007

My mom watched part of it today. She wonders if she does it for the tv ratings. I will be happy when she is gone, all she does is argue with people.

8. deedee

deedee Connoisseur

May 23, 2007

I watched it and truley Joy started the agrument and Rosie kept quite till she needed to defend herself. That poor little elizabeth thing is getting old...Elizabeth caused just as much rucus as Rosie.

9. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

May 23, 2007

It's almost like Jerry Springer without the bleeps and stripping off of clothing!!!!!:p Rosie is a fruitcake.

10. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

May 23, 2007

I just crawled out of my cave.... What did she say this time?:eek:

11. GardenDove

GardenDove Habitué

May 24, 2007

The difference between her and Jerry Springer is that she acts like one of the lowlife guests instead of the host.

12. ellen_a

ellen_a Groupie

May 24, 2007

On the Today show, Matt Lauer said something like "It's funny this happened the last day of sweeps. I'm not saying anything." Meredith just refused to comment like she always does about pieces on The View.

13. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

May 24, 2007

My thoughts exactly!

14. teachingmomof4

teachingmomof4 Groupie

May 24, 2007

I used to like Rosie when she had her own talk show. When she left that, she got rude and obnoxious toward people. I just don't like her anymore. I heard that she is leaving The View already...is that true?

15. hanvan

hanvan Connoisseur

May 24, 2007

yep shes leaving...

what are the sweeps? is that the ratings thing?

I completely agree that she is rude and all but I am also getting sick of the "poor little elizabeth" act.

16. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

May 24, 2007

I usually do not watch The View, but as I was feeding Aiden yesterday I happen to turn on the tv and watched some of it. I happened to turn it on just before they started feuding. Good for Elizabeth for standing up for herself. She held her own. Rosie is obnoxious. It's not in so much of what she says, it's how she says everything and how she thinks her views are the only views. She makes me want to vomit.

17. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

May 24, 2007

The View used to be an interesting show where people with different viewpoints could share and discuss ideas and opinions, while treating others with respect. Rosie has ruined all that. She has taken over the whole show. It should be called the Rosie and Girls show. That is what I don't like about her. There is something wrong when an adult can't discuss different opinions without screaming and trying to intimidate everyone else and insulting those who have a different opinion. Very childish and sickening.

18. hanvan

hanvan Connoisseur

May 24, 2007

Jenn youre right...its the WAY she says it that is so hateful

19. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

May 24, 2007

I just wanted to add my 2 cents FWIW! She doesn't really say anything that is that outrageous in the context of her conversation. Her words are edited and misquoted like no one elses I've ever seen. I do not always agree with everything she says, but I do think that if she were a man she would not get the same attention.

The is directly from the transcripts of The View for May 17th:

O’DONNELL: …… I just want to say something. 655,000 Iraqi civilians are dead. Who are the terrorists?
    HASSELBECK: Who are the terrorists?
    O’DONNELL: 655,000 Iraqis — I’m saying you have to look, we invaded –
    HASSELBECK: Wait, who are you calling terrorists now? Americans?
    O’DONNELL: I’m saying if you were in Iraq, and the other country, the United States, the richest in the world, invaded your country and killed 655,000 of your citizens, what would you call us?
    HASSELBECK: Are we killing their citizens or are their people also killing their citizens?
    O’DONNELL: We’re invading a sovereign nation, occupying a country against the U.N.

Over the weekend people were saying that she thought our troops were terrorists. She said nothing of the kind and has been a bigger supporter than you can even imagine. She has given millions of dollars to rehab clinic that are severely underfunded for returning troops. On Monday she was furious that they had said she hated the troops etc.. She said to Elizabeth, can you belive that what I said was turned into that. Elizabeth did not stick up for her and it apparently bothered Rosie, this prompted the argument that was started by Joy. I can tell that many of you do not like Rosie, and I am not trying to change your mind, but please be aware that the media misquotes her on a daily basis. There have been many days that my husband has said did you hear Rosie said X, then I show him the quote on Tivo and see that it was nothing like what was reported.

20. AnnaJ

AnnaJ Rookie

May 24, 2007

yup, dang those ol' facts! takes the fun right out of the gossip almost all the time!

21. Research_Parent

Research_Parent Cohort

May 24, 2007

I actually caught this show, since school's out for us.

Tasha has the script accurately...
    I guess according to Elizabeth on the View, Americans are revolutionists...

Oh well, its what I tell my children all the time...tell me the difference between a revolutionist and a terrorist.

Revolutionist: a radical supporter of political or social overthrow of an established government, often through violence.
    Terrorist: a member of a group who advocates the use of violence for idealogical or political purposes, often against an established government.

22. deedee

deedee Connoisseur

May 24, 2007

Ya I agree with Tasha ....she is really getting a bum rap on that show. I dont always agree with how she presents her opinions sometimes but I usually agree with her politics. I think this latest agrugment was completley blown out of proportion. I hate that we lable opinionated women B i t c h e s. She may be more vocal about her opinions than I would but Id rather hear a debate about current issues instead of hair, weight and makeup!

23. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

May 25, 2007

The thing is, people are not able to hear what you say when you act like a bully. She is defeating herself by her attitude and bully mentality. Why does she have to be so harsh?

24. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

May 25, 2007

ITA!

25. GardenDove

GardenDove Habitué

May 25, 2007

Bully is a good description for Rosie. She fits the bill.

26. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

May 25, 2007

She is self-destructive and out of control.

27. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

May 25, 2007

I'm also sick of her downgrading our country......I've had enough of her rants! Glad she is OUT!

28. deedee

deedee Connoisseur

May 25, 2007

I am sorry in advance but .....:sorry:

Not approving of the current administration and the war does NOT make a person unamerican or any less patriotic than the next! I really hate this administration and the price our country is paying for it.

I wish she (Rosie) could present her opinions without bashing others views!

29. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

30. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

May 25, 2007

I haven't been a fan for a while. I don't mind her giving her own opinions, but the manner in which she does it is rather annoying.

At the nursery a month ago, I bought a beautiful rose that is yellow on the inside and tipped with red. It's my favorite rose bush in the yard. It is named Rosie O'Donnell. I didn't look at the name when I bought it. I told my husband that no one is allowed to know we have a rose named after her in our yard!

31. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

May 25, 2007

The reason I said that has nothing to do with her view of this administration.

32. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

May 25, 2007

And deedee......you don't need to apologize. :) It's ok, we all have different opinions.

33. deedee

deedee Connoisseur

May 25, 2007

the reson I said that was because she is usually bashed for being anti war and anti bush

and thanks Kinder I really appreciate the fact we can express our differences :)

34. Jill420791

Jill420791 Companion

May 26, 2007

I agree with DeeDEE! Elizabeth opens her mouth way too many times and speaks about things she has no clue what she is saying. She tries to defend the president so she can keep getting invited to the White House. And why she defends FOX news I will never no! Sorry I just had to say something I personally like Rosie she says things people believe but are afraid to actually say. I ususally tivo the view but now I am not!

35. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

May 26, 2007

You know, this goes back to the point a lot of us were making on the grammar thread. It's all about the impression you make. It's one thing for a person to stand there and make intelligent comments/complaints. That's our right as American citizens. It's another for them to rant and rave and look ridiculous. Yes, that's our right as well, but it doesn't get your point across, it just makes you look foolish.

36. Jill420791

Jill420791 Companion

May 26, 2007

Well as you know as well as I know people say and do stupid things when they are really angry. I am just tired of people saying poor Elizabeth when she goes on her little rants and raves also.

37. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

May 26, 2007

rosie's too "in your face". She uses her celebrity as an excuse. She is entitled to her opinion and Elizabeth to hers, but the way in which she presents it is obnoxious.

38. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

May 26, 2007

I agree, we all say things in anger that we wouldn't say otherwise. I'm not belittling or defending either one in this particular battle. I didn't see it. I know from past experience how Rosie is, and to be honest, she doesn't seem that angry most of the time when she is spewing ugly, rude comments. I have never seen The View and probably won't ever watch it. I don't like any of them on the show. Rosie is entitled to believe whatever she chooses and to say whatever she wants. If she wants people to really hear her, though, she needs to think about how she presents it.