Rocket Math BB

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by mel-bel, Aug 11, 2009.

1. mel-bel

mel-bel Rookie

Aug 11, 2009

Does anyone have a rocket or an astronaut template I can use for my Rocket Math bulletin board? Also, anyone already have a Rocket Math bulletin board, I'd love to hear your ideas or see pictures. This is my LAST board, but I can't think of how to put it together!

TIA :cool:

3. MissJill

MissJill Cohort

Aug 11, 2009

I'm sorry I don't have anything to help, but I do have a cute idea that I used while student teaching.

We had these little astronaut cut outs, the students colored them, and then we took a photo of their face and put them on their heads. So this was their little astronaut. Then in the hands we stapled a plastic ziplock and this is where they stored all of their information that they learned. It was a cute BB because it had all of the students. I'm going to try to find the picture to share. (you could keep math facts or flash cards in the ziplock)

4. MissJill

MissJill Cohort

5. Darkhorse

Darkhorse Companion

Aug 11, 2009

That is so cool! I was wanting to come up with some kind of chart to act as an incentive for Rocket Math and passing each level. Last year I gave out awards, but that was time consuming and/or costly to keep buying or making certificates.

I think I will use the astronaut thing and make a large rocket where the kids can move their little dude up the rocket as they progress. Now how to make it work... I will have to think on this, too.

6. mel-bel

mel-bel Rookie

Aug 12, 2009

Exactly what I was looking for. Let me know if you find a rocket or astronauts, I haven't been able to find anything.

MissJill, I love the astronauts. Do you have a template? Or do you know where they came from. They are too cute!

7. Teacher2Be123

Teacher2Be123 Companion

Aug 12, 2009

In a placement I had my teacher put like planets or stars on the board to represent each level and then wrote each students' name on a rocket. As they moved through the levels their rocket moved.

8. LiveNLearn

LiveNLearn Comrade

Aug 13, 2009

I have pics of my classroom. One is of my rocket. I used the student log and just measured my wall and adjusted it to make it fit. The kids make name rockets and I laminate them. Each day that they pass the letter, they move their name.

It becomes quite competitive!

http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g151/RachMcfarla/Classroom/

9. mel-bel

mel-bel Rookie

Aug 14, 2009

Love the picture, LiveNLearn.

Teacher2Be123, do you have a template or picture of the planets/stars?

10. Teacher2Be123

Teacher2Be123 Companion

Aug 14, 2009

11. Darkhorse

Darkhorse Companion

Aug 14, 2009

Yay! That's perfect and you could put velcro on each level so the kids could move their own astronaut.

Here is a cute picture:
    http://thecoloringspot.com/images/people/astronaut.jpg

I'll have to look for more later when I have more time.

12. mrsleapfrog

mrsleapfrog Companion

Aug 14, 2009

I am definitely going to check these ideas out. I have never heard of anyone else using Rocket Math before!

13. mel-bel

mel-bel Rookie

Aug 17, 2009

Great ideas!

Thanks so much for all the wonderful ideas. I'm going into school today for my last "work day". We report back tomorrow, and I've been in my room off and on for the last 2 weeks so I hope to be finished with the decor today. I'm going to focus on the Rocket Math board. Hopefully I can finish it today. Gonna blow up a rocket and make copies of an astronaut. Hoping to create something like this worksheet I found.

http://www.dadsworksheets.com/v1/Wo...heck-Off/RocketMath_CheckOff_Addition_V1.html

14. LiveNLearn

LiveNLearn Comrade

Aug 17, 2009

I love it! I have always given the kids a 3x5 index card and had them design it, but I am going to use the mini rockets this year! I will have the students color it, and put their mini cum folder picture on it.

15. SadieLady

SadieLady Rookie

Aug 17, 2009

Mini Rockets

Dollar Tree has some cute rockets. I bought them yesterday for my Rocket Math BB.:)