Rocket Math and paper question

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by djmondi, Aug 21, 2009.

1. djmondi

djmondi Comrade

Aug 21, 2009

Is there any way to have students do Rocket Math yet conserve paper/ink? I've thought about maybe just making a few copies of what I need and doing it in small groups, using page protectors for them to write on but I'm not sure if that will work. Any suggestions?

3. Darkhorse

Darkhorse Companion

Aug 21, 2009

We are on a major paper crunch at my school so I make copies and laminate them. Then you never have to make another copy. Just use visavis or dry erase and it works great. I do it whole class without a problem.

Here is my system:
    I make a class set of A and B, then I make 3 less copies for each subsequent level until I am down to only 5 copies per level (usually around T or so). Then I make 5 copies per level until I reach the end.

I do this because it means fewer copies/laminated pages. It works fine, too, because as the levels progress, students start to spread out with some plowing along and others plodding along. :cool:

I have slowly made sets of addition and multiplication for each grade level doing this system and it has worked great.

Page protectors would work for this as well, but it is a pain to keep putting them in and taking them out. It would work better if you could order enough page protectors for each copy so you don't have to take them out every day.