Riverdeep

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Touchthefuture, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Touchthefuture

Touchthefuture Comrade

Aug 10, 2007

Does anyone use this software? I went to a training session on it this week and it seems to be a great tool. It has so much. I am looking for someone with experience to give me some ideas to try. I do not want to overwhelm myself or the kids. The two ideas that I had was to you it during my Math computer station as a reinforcement for the concept that we are learning and to us it as whole group reading instruction over the projector.

3. Daisyd

Daisyd Rookie

Aug 10, 2007

I actually use Riverdeep as one of my reading group rotations.

4. paperheart

paperheart Groupie

Aug 10, 2007

I teach math...We use riverdeep...but refer to it as something else that escapes me at the moment. I use it in my remedial class. A teacher developed a packet to encourage them to take notes and provides space for working out the problems so when they get to the challenge section, if they have showed the work, they can find the answer on the paper already if they happen to need enough tries to repeat the answers. I'll be using that packet this year.

(I hope I am not getting the two software programs confused...I may have just been talking about the other one. I can't remember which is which right now. lol)