RISE Binder (Indiana)

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Elizabeth09, May 1, 2016.

1. Elizabeth09

Elizabeth09 Rookie

May 1, 2016

Has anyone had to put together a RISE binder? I am in the process and am struggling! I just found out last week that I will be evaluated on this before the end of the school year! I was hired mid year and wasn't informed this was something I needed to be working on. If anyone has made one would you please share any tips or advice you may have. I look at it and get overwhelmed. I would love to see a sample of one!

3. beatlebug731

beatlebug731 Comrade

May 1, 2016

I'm in Indiana, no one has mentioned anything about a RISE binder to me...

4. Elizabeth09

Elizabeth09 Rookie

May 1, 2016

Don't worry, I don't think every school does it (I'm a first year teacher but worked in schools previously as an aide and never heard of it.) It's just one option that schools can select to use as part of teacher evaluations.

5. applecore

applecore Devotee

May 3, 2016

Sounds like a great idea for evaluations. You can have everything at your fingertips to show evidence of student learning and growth. We're not required to have one, but next year's my 3 year evaluation---I think. I found a RISE binder document on TPT. Maybe that'll be helpful? I might look into myself.

6. Elizabeth09

Elizabeth09 Rookie

May 14, 2016

Thank you applecore. I have actually purchased that exact same thing! It's great and will make my binder very organized! I'm still struggling with what to put in some of the sections though. :( I'm going to try to buckle down and get it finished this weekend. Wish me luck!