Rihanna - pic AFTER the "beating"

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by TeacherSandra, Feb 21, 2009.

1. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Feb 21, 2009

3. deedee

deedee Connoisseur

Feb 21, 2009

oh my that picture is horrible!

4. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Feb 21, 2009

Many newspapers used to have a policy against publishing the pictures of victims. SHE didn't release the picture; someone in the police dept. presumably leaked it.

If she chooses to go back to him, it could do a lot of harm to others in the same situation.

5. MathTeacher29

MathTeacher29 Rookie

Feb 21, 2009

The worst part of this is I actually have female students who believe Rihanna must have done something wrong and deserved the beating she received. I was at a loss for words. I can only imagine what they must see in their everyday lives to believe this.

6. MsMaggs

MsMaggs Comrade

Feb 21, 2009

Some of the 7th graders were talking about this at my school and I heard a few of them say the same thing... It's so sad.

7. peggy27

peggy27 Cohort

Feb 21, 2009

That is sad that they think she deserved it. What is wrong with our society? The picture was horrible, she is such a cute girl!! I doubt she will go back to him, it wasn't he first time. I heard JayZ is like a big brother to her. I wouldn't want him coming after me!!

8. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Feb 21, 2009

I saw this last night on TMZ. I think it is bad taste to release this photo of her since it was leaked. I know this is how they make their money, but geez. I liked Chris Brown too, but I don't see how his career can bounce back from this.

9. cMcD

cMcD Groupie

Feb 21, 2009

It's like Rihanna's dad said about the photo leak... "It's good and it's bad to see the picture because there's other people who were thinking differently, that [Rihanna's injuries] may not be that bad, just a little spank or a little thing."

10. smalltowngal

Feb 21, 2009

I honestly thought for a second that this was all a ploy so they wouldn't have to attend the Grammys. I hope that she does the smart thing, and doesn't go back to him. I know a lot of people TMZ has asked their opinion on this, are keeping mum.

11. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Feb 21, 2009

Sadly, I'm sure it will.

12. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Feb 21, 2009

Geez-it doesn't even look like her! I heard that she was being called a 'snitch' by a lot of people. So, so sad.

13. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Feb 21, 2009

Here's a quote from this article http://www.theboombox.com/2009/02/12/chris-brown-speaks-out-via-facebook?icid=sphere_newsaol_inpage_popeater

"Brown recently posted an update on his private Facebook page which read: "You'll begin to see her true colors. Believe it!" The singer went on to confirm his split with Rihanna by changing his relationship status to "single."

According to Brown's update, Rihanna is partly responsible for the altercation that reportedly left the singer with serious contusions and bite marks."

14. smalltowngal

Feb 21, 2009

I heard that it wasn't his true Facebook page. That's just what I heard though, I'm not 100% sure.

15. Youngteacher226

Youngteacher226 Enthusiast

Feb 21, 2009

It's all really disturbing to me! Especially since my daughter is absolutely in love with Chris Brown (has his pictures all over her walls, on her bedroom door, even has his song as her ring tone). At first I didn't mind her little crush on him because it reminded me of how I used to have crushes on celebrities when I was young like Michael Jackson, Kirk Cameron, etc. But now I am truly sick over this incident because I asked my daughter about the whole Chris Brown/Rhianna thing and her attitude was very non-chalant. Like it wasn't a big deal. Or she didn't believe it happened. I tried to explain to her that it is NEVER okay for a man(boy) to hit on a woman(girl), EVER! I just don't want her to continue to like this guy and buy his music if he is now known as a girlfriend beater, you know? I don't want her to think that is acceptable or that he is an example of someone she should like.
    I think I am going to officially band his music and/or his pictures from my house, seriously!

16. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Feb 21, 2009

I think the picture is in bad taste since it was leaked. While yes, it could potentially be put to good use in educating people about domestic violence, it should have been HER decision to release such a deeply personal, intimate photograph.

17. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Feb 21, 2009

I think you should too!

I am shocked at how many young kids think that it is okay to hit/beat someone!!! A man should never hit a girl and vice versa, a girl should never hit a man!! (unless it's for defense). Yet, it sounds like a lot of kids think that if you are hit/beaten you must have earned it. Very sad... :(

I also hope she doesn't go back to him. Hopefully she has more common sense!

18. Kat53

Kat53 Devotee

Feb 21, 2009

The reason these young girls are so noncholant about it is because girls LOVE Chris Brown, and I think they are in denial that he could have done something like that. It kind of shatters their "dream" about the sweet,sensitive guy they think is out there.
    I love Chris Brown. I have his cd's and I've been to a concert. But I'm old enough to know what this means, unlike teenage girls who don't have enough sense or are so young they don't really understand the implications.
    I am DISGUSTED by this. What a stupid child! I am not calling him a man because he's not! I don't care who started the fight. There is nothing he could say that can defend his actions.
    But I don't think he was behind his Facebook status. You know his lawyers are all over his ***.

19. Youngteacher226

Youngteacher226 Enthusiast

Feb 22, 2009

I agree. I mean he makes all of these sweet, sensitive songs about love and makes those innocent faces in videos and interviews and these young girls think he is the best guy in the world. I'm going to show my daughter the pics of Rihanna's face today. Maybe then it will not seem like something that is make believe but something that is real life. Since some idiots thought it would be a good idea to post those pics, I might as well use them for some good.

20. Kat53

Kat53 Devotee

Feb 22, 2009

Good luck YoungTeacher. This could be a good learning experience for your daughter. It saddens me that we have to have these conversations to begin with.It saddens me that for so many young girls, this is their view of how a relationship can be. I pray that she does not go back to him, but sets an example of how this is unacceptable.
    My neice has a poster in her room and I'm going to demand she take it down! :)

21. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Feb 22, 2009

The whole situation is sad. He is so young as well.