Right when they walk in can you tell?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by ios man, Aug 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ios man

ios man Rookie

Aug 14, 2019

Hello,

Are you able to see the personalities in each child by the end of the first day and know which ones will give you trouble...know which ones you can depend on?

thanks
    iosman

3. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Aug 14, 2019

It depends. The first day they could be on their best behavior and it will take a while to figure out their real personality. Don't worry about figuring anything out the first day.

4. gr3teacher

gr3teacher Phenom

Aug 14, 2019

Tired Teacher likes this.
  5. ecteach

ecteach Devotee

Aug 14, 2019

Definitely not with special ed. The worst students always have this honeymoon period where you think they are a total angel and everyone who tried to warn you is just crazy. Then, about 2-3 weeks later, the real personality appears. This is especially true for the severe end of the spectrum.

But, I CAN tell which parents are going to be a headache off the top. They always ask WAY too many personal questions, and always ask me if I have kids (which I do). But, I don't understand why I would be a different teacher to their child if I didn't have kids. Oh, and they also ask for my phone number, which I do give out because of the nature of kids I teach. It's imperative that I have a DIRECT line to the parent at all times. They also most often bring a grandparent with them. LOL! 15 years it too long to be doing this.

Tired Teacher likes this.
  6. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Aug 14, 2019

A to Z Forums policy strongly discourages duplicate threads on the same topic by the same member. The previous thread was only a month old, and gr3teacher has kindly posted a link to it. Until I or another moderator can figure out how to merge the threads, the topic should be discussed in the older thread, and I am closing this one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.